domingo, 30 de septiembre de 2018

like a bittersweet goodbye

Hi cutiepies!
hope you're having a great time n__n and welcome to a new entry..

I'm not feeling good right now.. actually I'm feeling quite sick haha but don't worry I'm gonna do my best to bring you a complete entry :P

anyway.. this entry wasn't supposed to be posted today, but due the fact that I finished to watch another anime yestareday I decided to also watch the finale of a seasonal one, ergo this entry haha

ok, since I don't have much to say I better start with this n__n



はねバド!
Hanebado!

- 2018 -
Season: 01          Episodes: 13
Genre: Sports
Source: Manga

I started watching this not from its first day, actually it didn't catch my attention until a lot of people were praising it so I wanted to see why all the hype/love

the story is about a badminton club, there we meet Nagisa one of the protaginists, who loved this sport and has put a lot of effort to get better with time.. she seems to have some kind of trauma of one time she lost against another girl, so she's been practising until the day she meet that girl again and finally be able to win

then we meet Ayano, the supposed MC, she's kind of hesitant about joining the badminton club since the new coach saw her with a racket and saw she had a natural talent, her best friend Elena encourages her and they end up joining, then the whole cub starts to train to make it to the nationals

if I have to be honest I'm not into badminton and I actually found quite boring the first episodes, I even stopped watching it for like, two weeks? I dont know.. is just that I didn't like it, I also found Ayano's reason for not wanting to play kinda plain, it didn't make me feel a thing..

I found Ayano quite boring, and when her attitude changed I thought she was crazy and kinda annoying, plus she was being mean with everyone, that made me dislike her a lot u__u the fact that she showed the real herself until the end of the season made me cringy, so, are you telling me that the whole time we never saw the real Ayano?

Nagisa was a nice character, at first she was mean with everyone so she was annoying, suddenly she started to change and everything was nice, I liked how hard-working she was and how she gave everything to get better, but in the end I think she was negligent and didn't listen to what people were telling her

from the other characters I only liked Erena, but then, after a clear path, I felt like she disappointed me, I was waiting for her to speak up and have some character, but she just stood there and listened, without saying a word, only making questions, but, for what?

the other players (like Connie and Kaoruko), who were important for Ayano's development, were cool but I wish they've had more participation in the story

[01x13] "On the Other Side of that Net"

in the whole season we saw a confused Ayano, first she was the little sad girl who was hesitant to give in into badminton again, and then the evolved to be the little badminton obsessed witch who was mean with everyone and wanted some type of revenge..

we saw why Nagisa and Ayano wanted to win, one's reason was because she wanted to be better 'cause she loved badminton, the other's reason was because that way she could demonstrate to her mother she was better without her

in this final episode we continued to see the match between our protagonists, of course we saw how it ended and who won, the point here is that the match itself was kinda poinless since both of them were going to nationals no matter who the winner was

I think the match was pretty intense and well animated, it was seriously tense, at one point I didn't know who I wanted to win so I was cheering them both

there are like three things I didn't like from this episode (and the previous one), first was that it seemed like the coach and everyone else were only praising Nagisa for her effort, for all the time she practised, while they all just sit there thinking that Ayano's talent was natural, like one day she grabbed a racket and suddenly she won an important match

like, no, haven't you seen the episodes? yes, sure she is natural talented, but she also practised when she was a little girl, she did it for hours no mattering how tired she was, it's just unfair that everyone thinks she never had to put effort into badminton

second, I just hate how Nagisa neglected her knee inury, she played while she had it and nothing happened to her? even if she was running and umping and forcing her knee? seriously? even when the coach said it could be dangerous for her future, 'cause that's what happened to him? really?

and the worst of them all: I just hated how Ayano dealed with her mother.. seriously? after all she went through, that's how they decided to "solve" the problem? sorry but that's bull u__u

spoilers

you may be thinking.. what was Ayano traumatic past?
well, her mom, who's a professional badminton player, who held the world champion title for several years, left for 8 years.. Ayano thought it was because she lost a match against, so she started to get obsessed about winning (she defeated Nagisa when they were younger) and suddenly Uchika, Ayano's mom, had a protegee, Connie, who won some kind of world championship, so Ayano quit badminton

Connie went to meet Ayano and told her that Uchika was her mother too (she kind of adopted her haha, she called Connie her daughter and.. they seemed to live together?) and she wanted Uchika to recognize her.. that was when Ayano lost it and started to think that she didn't need her mother anymore

the point here is that Connie wanted to form a family with Uchika and Ayano, like.. seriously? do you believe that Ayano would want to join you? her mother just left 8 years, she left Ayano just to go and train you, live with you and she helped you to become a world wide badminton player while her daughter was in Tokyo feeling like her mother abandoned her, so, really Connie? maybe you had a great time with Uchika, but Ayano had to live with her grandparents 'cause her irresponsible mother left

then, when Uchika explained to Erena the reason why she left, I felt really angry.. even if Erena was always there for Ayano and she saw everything, she saw how traumatized Ayano was, she only stood there listening and making some questions, she never told Uchika how hard was for Ayano, I thought she was going to tell her something but no.. nothing u__u

Uchika's reason was that, according to her way of thinking, she wanted to Ayano to get better at badminton and the only way to do it was leaving her.. she told Eena that she knows what she did was wrong but it was for her daughter's sake also that she didn't regret it

so, according to all the facts, Uchika and Ayano's words/actions, it seems that Ayano only played because of her mother.. but that's common in kids, to do the same things their parents do just to share more time with them; in this case Uchika had little time with Ayano so it's pretty obvious to think that Ayano wanted to be like her mother and wanted to be with her so badly that she started to be like her and got obsessed with the sport

in a few words, Uchika is a terrible mother, she choose badminton over her daughter, she neglected Ayano and left just to be with another girl..

what makes me angrier is the fact that Uchika nor even once apologized to Ayano, she just came back home like nothing happened! and she even waited Ayano to be all happy about it and forget those painful 8 years she spent alone blaming herself

yeah, sure, she admited she was literal sh*t and her behaviour was horrible but, she didn't regret it? WTF, really? and then she even told Ayano to live together, in Denmark, with Connie! wtf Uchika, wtf?

now, the match.. as Nagisa had a knee injury she changed her playing style, she even won a set! but then Ayano, in her crazy unstable mode, won the other set.. so they went for a 3rd set..

when Ayano was going to quit the match (all while thinking that if she lost it nobody would ever need her, just like her mom did) the people she met through the season started to cheer her up, even if she didn't deserve it.. so she went back to play

she realized she liked badminton and that she wanted to keep on playing it, at the end she lost the game, and the most impressive thing is that Nagisa's knee was alright, well yeah, she went to the hospital the next day but at the end it was ok, like nothing happened.. even when she ran and jumped like crazy, nothing happened to her knee.. really?

also, did I mention Ayano was able to use her two hands all along? can you think how talented she was? she changed hands in the middle of the match!

at the end, when Uchika went to talk with Ayano just to make her dumb offer, Ayano told her that she was staying in Japan, also that she used to hate her but not anymore ¬¬ that she loved badminton now and that they should have a match one day.. really Ayano?

ohgods I was expecting her to talk to Uchika in a mature way but making her feel at least guilty for what she did u__u I also expected Ayano to apologize to the  people of the club (not only to Erena), but no, nothing happened..

I also expected some drama, like Nagisa won but paying the price: her injury getting worse (just like Sousuke in Free!) because of her neglection; don't get me wrong, I was glad everything was ok but it seemed like the pain she felt was only because of stress or something like that u__u


at the end I think they put more attention to Nagisa, and that made me question who was the real MC.. was it her all along?

I think the way the matches were animated looked pretty cool, especially in the last episode, and what I liked the most is that they dared to not only animate one match but some, so that for me is an A+

overall I liked it but the finale (especially the thing about Ayano's mom) made me gave it a lower score than I originally was going to give it.. the anime itself was not what I expected, it was not bad but it wasn't great either

yeah, indeed, it was good and in the final episodes it had me all hooked up but it had some things I wasn't able to forget..

I think the opening ("Futari no Hane (ふたりの羽根)" by YURiKA) was very catchy and I liked the images' sequence, the colours made it look super cool, not my favourite of the season, but it was one of the bests

the ending ("High Stepper (ハイステッパー)" by Yuiko Ohara) was also good, not my favourite but it was nice n__n

now let me talk about the anime I finally finished yesterday.. of course, I think I won't get too deep into it 'cause only thinking about it makes me cringe haha


Beatless Final Stage

- 2018 -
Season: 01          Episodes: 04
Genre: Action, Drama, Romance, Sci-Fi
(Rating: PG-13)
Source: Novel

I really don't want to act like a little b*tch, but I don't really have any idea of what did I watch u__u I just kinda got the general idea, I only watched it to "complete" this anime, so don't expect a super long review..

well, can you believe me when I say that I forgot the remaining 4 episodes of this anime were coming out? to be completely honest I even forgot what was the whole thing about u__u so I felt kinda dumb while watching these final episodes, like, I didn't understand what the hell was going on..

more or less I talked about this anime here (spanish only); the story takes place in a futuristic world where humans created AIs who live among people and make their lives easier

one day 5 special hIEs (AIs) escape from Memeframe (a leading company in hIEs behaviour management) and start to cause problems, one of them, Lacia, finds Arato (our protagonist) and ask him to become her owner; while the story advances we learn that Lacia and Arato share a common idea: they want to create a world where humans and hIEs can live together in harmony

in these final episodes we can see how Arato decided to trust Lacia once again and they go ahead with their plan to make people evolve, something that some of the hIEs don't want

I really don't want to enter in details 'cause everytime I try to think about the story my brain gets lag haha
I think the story had potential but I found it so boring that most of the time I didn't pay attention to it u__u

[01x24] "Boy Meets Girl"

these four episodes focused in Lacia and Arato going to meet Higgins to shut it down, Lacia decided to use a live broadcast so the people can see how a super intelligent AI (aka Higgins) works; we saw how Lacia fought against the remaining hIEs that escaped from Memeframe..

this episode, same as the whole season, made me feel nothing but boredom u__u
the fights were kinda boring and, even if they made us think Arato was being useful for once in his life, I couldn't believe it, he's one of the weakest MCs ever

of course, we learnt a lot of things, most of the questions got an answer but I still don't have idea why they wanted to shut down Higgins.. I could watch the whole thing once again but no, thank you very much

spoilers

we learnt, in one of the first 20 episodes, that Lacia was the 40th super intelligent IA; then they told us that those hIEs were able to create stuff, and they just predicted the future and created the things humans were going to build in the future so they would be able to not get left behind

and finally we learnt that Higgins was the one who let the special hIEs (Lacia, Methode, Snowdrop, Kouka and Saturnus) escape from Memeframe, and it, somehow trusted Lacia and then Arato to take humanity to a new level, so at the end Higgins was shut off (Lacia's black monolith replaces it)

Lacia, due to her fight against Methode and Snowdrop, suffered injuries that made it impossible for her to continue so she trusts Arato to finish their plan and then she kinda "dies"

the Koukas were being controlled by some of the super intelligent hIEs and some of them decided to trust Arato and helped him

after a while, when Arato is going back home, Lacia appears and says she's back.. now she's no longer a red box, which means they can stay together..



I just.. don't understand very well this anime haha I feel like I missed a lot of things, especially since I found it boring and didn't paid the right attention to it u__u but the general idea is that Arato wanted to create a new world where humans and hIEs trusted eachother without fear, also he wanted to be with Lacia without people judging their relationship..

I feel like Arato's family and friends were uhm.. unnecesary? at the end.. what did they do? something important or relevant to the story? I get the feeling that the only one Arato needed and wanted was Lacia haha

I guess I don't have to say my final opinion, right? I think I already said it like a million times, I just didn't like it and I totally regret watching it u__u


pff.. finally I finished this super long entry! I feel like I lost several hours of life haha

ok, before I go, let me talk a little bit abour the first episode of the second season of Tokyo Ghoul:re (normal broadcasting will start on october 9).. I really don't know how to feel about it.. in one hand I liked it (I missed my baby!) but I felt it quite rushed, it was going too fast! and they skipped a whole Arc! O__O it seems like they could f*ck up (again) the story if they keep on making those "jumps"; it can get confusing for the people who don't follow(ed) the manga u__u

anyway, I guess that's all for now haha hope you at least enjoyed the entry and didn't get bored of all the crazy stuff I wrote :P

btw I'm not sure, but tuesday's entry probably will be the last one focused in the seasonal anime.. just keep an eye on the blog haha

as always, thank you very much for reading/passing by (also for your patience haha)
hope you'll have a wonderful sunday!

bye bye!