lunes, 24 de septiembre de 2018

I've melted in seconds

Hi cutiepies!
welcome to a new entry! hope you're doing great ∩__∩ I'm uhm.. kinda tired right now haha today was a busy day u__u if I have to be honest, I didn't want to come to post this haha but I had to, I promised it after all :P

anyway, today I'm bringing a short entry..
as you know, when I talk about anime's season finales I tend to read manga 'cause it's kinda easier to do it and talk about, so this time is not the exception

I was wondering.. which volume should I read? suddenly the illumination hit me: Black Butler! I know there are a bunch of mangas in my list but I have to keep reading BB :P
I'm still reading TG:re (I advanced some chapters since vol. 12) and also I started to read two mangas that I consider a guilty pleasure haha maybe, maybe I'll talk about them later..

ok, I guess I better start with this or else it'll be longer than I planned ∩__∩'



Black Butler Vol. XII by Yana Toboso
by far this is my favourite story Arc 'cause I really loved the movie adaptation.. so I'm kinda dying to keep on reading ∩__∩' I'm just waiting for an exact part/pannel and I swear that when it comes I'll die.. actually there were some parts in this volume that gave me nosebleeds haha

anyway.. this volume focuses in the strange apparition of death resurrected persons who are attacking the passengers of the luxury ship, now Ciel tries to investigate their origin and the purpose of their creation

I really enoyed every chapter, all of them were funny and had that supernatural aura that I love.. plus there is the biggest surprise of the story that left me shocked, and to be honest I need to know/see more

overall this volume was great, it was funny and very interesting, and what surprised me a lot is that it also started to give us some clues about the theory that was already confirmed in the newest chapters (yes, I ate the biggest spoiler of the plot, but no comments here u__u')

it was easy and fast to read, actually I found myself unable to stop reading, it was amazing.. and now I can't wait to read the next volume!

in case you wanto to check out the complete review, in spanish, click here ∩__∩

otherwise, today another seasonal anime came to and end..


ファントム イン ザ トワイライト
Phantom in the Twilight

- 2 0 1 8 -
Season: 01          Episodes:12
Genre: Supernatural, Action
Source: Original

at first this anime wasn't in my to watch list but I started it just 'cause I felt curious about it, plus the name, somehow, caught my attention, so I said "why not?"

the story follows Ton and her best friend Shinyao who travel to London to study abroad, something strange happens and suddenly Ton realizes there's a hidden world she's part of: the shadows (creatures who are born from human's nightmares) live among humans

the Twilights, an organization founded by Ton's great-grandmother, Rijan, run the Café Forbidden and their mission is to protect the bundary between humans and shadows

honestly I don't really know what to think about this anime, in one hand the plot seemed quite interesting 'cause it had supernatural creatures and I thought it was a reverse harem haha but in the other hand it also looked like a complete cliche

I found the characters a little flat, most of them had zero personality.. I actually only liked two of them: Luke, a werewolf, and Wayne, a ghost; but even them, sometimes, felt kinda simple u__u
I thought I'd end up loving Vlad, a vampire, but I found him quite boringand too melancholic, also I didn't like his design T__T

[01x12]  夜明けに消えぬ影
"Shadows that Remain at Dawn"

well, the whole season we saw Ton and Shinyao separated by different circumstances, Ton always wanted to save her friend, and, if you ask me, I found that thing kind of boring, always running after her and Chris (Luke's brother), somehow annoying T__T

we also had the organization that was hunting shadows, Van Helsing wanted to protect the humans but it seemed that Haysin intentions were different..

in this final episode we finally saw Ton facing Shinyao, both of them held a great power and the questions remained in the air: would Ton turn into a shadow? what was going to happen to Shinyao?

if I have to be honest this episode made me feel nothing, at some parts I was kinda confused but, I don't know, most of the time I thought it was kinda boring and anti climatic; and the main fight was kinda flat

one thing I found quite satisfaying was the fact that finally they told us the reason behind Haysin's actions, why Ton's power was so important to him.. it surprised me but not to the point to make it the best episode

spoilers

Ton's power was kinda comsuming her.. but, honestly, why? according to all the things Vlad said, her grandmother Rijan turned into a shadow (and it seems nobody knows where she is) because of her power too.. also the ring Haysin "gave" to Ton was Rijan's, right? how did he get it in the first place?

Vlad fought against Haysin, he conjured a shadow and then Toryu appeared to help, and Chris was with him! same as Luke.. thanks to Haysing losing his power they were able to win; Vlad went with Ton and "sacrificed" himself: he let Shinyao absorb him and then kinda destroyed her from her inside..

Shinyao released all the shadows she "consumed" and Ton fought against them 'cause Vlad was weak.. after that it looked like Ton was going to turn into a shadow so she told Vlad to take her, to drink her blood and make her his (WTF Ton) and it seemed that he was going to bite her!

I don't know exactly who Wayne is, but Vlad seems to know, 'cause when "the lord of gluttony" appeared they talked about him consuming the power of one of the girls, the "lucky" one was Shinyao 'cause it seemed that her power was a curse..

Haysin revealed that he was the one who taught martial arts to Rijan, also that he was her brother! his reason to make Ton more powerful was that he wanted immortality, he wanted to become like Vlad, a shadow.. he consumed some levers from his family (magic users) to gain power and stay young O__O at the end, when he escapes 'cause he lost his powers and got old he faces a child-like figure, he mentions something like "it's you" and then it looks like he gets killed

in the post credit scene, we saw that Shinyao and Ton finally entered to the University, and it looks like Ton is not a shadow.. she has to take a bus but suddenly has an encounter with a girl that seems to be lost, Ton tells her to go to Café Forbidden, there the guys will help her..

the girl says something curious: she knows Ton's name and also refers to her like "the other her", so.. is just me or that girl is Rijan? is she a shadow? what happened to her? does Ton still have her power?

Vlad took a huge step and he shows himself more comfortable around Ton but I find kind of akward that he still loves Rijan



now.. about the whole romance thing.. I think there really wasn't romance after all, it was just a tease 'cause, even if it seemed the guys (mostly Vlad and Luke, I'm not sure about Toryu, and Wayne was alike a kid..) were interested in Ton they never really tried anything with her, and even if she, sometimes, looked interested, she only cared about finding Shinyao..

also.. I don't know how to feel about Shinyao and Chris.. was she too pure or too dumb?

if there's something I really liked about this anime were the chibi characters we saw every week at the end of the episodes *-* ohgods they were too cute!

at the end I think it kind of felt like a closure to the story, but the final scene made me think that there's more.. they gave the possibility of a second season but probably it will never see the light

overall I think it was not what I wanted to see, sometimes it wasn't really able to get me fully into the story.. I guess in a matter of weeks I'll forget about it, it didn't leave a mark in me or made me overthink about the story so.. yeah, it was average

about the opening ("Flowery Song" by Jiro Wang (汪東城)) I didn't like it, I found it quite boring, obviously not one of my favs from the season..

same goes for the ending ("HOME" by May'n), I liked how it refered to Ton and Shinyao's friendship, but I didn't like it either T__T


well, I guess once again I made a super long entry haha it wasn't my intention but I knew it was going to happen..

anyway, hope you at least enjoyed all the crazy things that always run through my little head haha
don't forget that I'll keep on posting new entries these days.. actually I'll bring you a brand new one this wednesday so stay tuned!

without anything else to say, that's all for today ∩__∩
thank you so much for reading/passing by! hope you at least enjoyed the entry :P
have a wonderful night!

bye bye!