viernes, 28 de septiembre de 2018

sweet as it can be

Hi cutiepies!
hope you're having a good time! and welcome to a new entry n__n

as I said in the previous entry, I'm here today, once again, to talk about two anime season finales.. to be honest I didn't want to do it haha 'cause it takes a lot of time and effort to do it but whatever, that's what I do :P

now that I mention anime, maybe you noticed or not, but I didn't talk about Black Clover.. well, the thing is that it's not over yet, it was supposed to end this week but like a week ago (or maybe two) it was announced that it was going to have more episodes

of course, on tuesday the episode 51 aired and it was mentioned in several medias that it was coming back on october, so it's in some kind of one-week-break haha now, when will I properly talk about it? uhm.. I really don't know, since it's the new long runner I don't know how many episodes are left and when will it reach its end..

anyway, I guess this will be a long entry so it'd be better if I just start with it n__n



天狼〈シリウス〉
Sirius the Jaeger

- 2018 -
Season: 01          Episodes: 12
Genre: Action, Historical, Supernatural, Vampires
(Rating: R-17+)
Source: Original

well, I'm not still fully recovered of the season finale.. but I'm gonna start saying that at first it wasn't on my list of summer anime I wanted to watch.. but slowly, before the season started, it finally caught my attention

the sotry seems to follow the Jaegers, a group of people who belongs to an organization of vampire hunters, among them there's a member who stands out: Yuliy, he is part of some kind of extinct clan, the Sirius

Yuliy seekss revenge 'cause in the past the vampires destroyed his village, but in the process the Jaegers get involved in a fight to get the Arc of Sirius, an strange object that gives godly-like power to the one who possess it

the plot sounded kinda interesting since it had vampires and it seemed to also have werewolves (the synopsis in MAL said so), and I wanted to see some of that :P

at first I wasn't sure I liked the characters' desings but the more I watched it the more convinced I felt: I was liking it, it's kinda unique if you ask me now

I think the synopsis is kinda right, is about vampires (who want to control the world) fighting against their hunters, but sadly I think it missed the werewolf point, they just gave us references and some glimpses and I totally understand why (they even said it in one episode.. maybe, the 10th?)

I found the plot interesting but I wish they'd explained things better, sometimes the idea was left in the air, and also some characters at the end were kinda useless, senseless

now that I talk about the characters, I have to say that I loved Yuliy, he was strong and smart and at the end I think he had a good development, he went from "I want revenge" to "I want peace 'cause so many people died because of the Arc"

Mikhail was one of those characters that I found quite strange at first, I have to confess that I didn't like him but slowly he changed my mind and at the end I just loved him too

the other Jeagers were interesting, especially Dorothea, but sadly we didn't get to know much about them and suddenly, before we realized they had less and less time on screen

one thing that I didn't like was the fact that there were two characters that were introduced early in the series, Iba and Ryoko, but all the time they were in there they did nothing, like, what was their purpose? one being a pain in the ass for the aegers and the other one being kinda obsessed with Yuliy?

I think I understand why Ryoko is kinda awful, she was annoying and I just hated how she seemed to follow Yuliy everywhere no matter if she was putting her life at risk, she went and kinda stalked Yuliy.. like, wtf?

[01x12] "The Arc of Sirius"

as I said up there, first the plot was about Yuliy and the Jaegers hunting vampires 'cause, why not, they as the selfish creatures they are, wanted more power

things got crazy when Mikhail appeared, he was Yuliy's older brother! from that point our protagonist started to look for  his brother and in his search he faced several vampires who wanted to kill him

then the plot changes and we focus in the Arc of Sirius, the vampires and the humans were looking for it so Yuliy had the intention to get and protect it; after he found it Yevgraf was able to stole it 'cause according to him he wanted to cure the disease that was killing vampires

this episode focused in how Yuliy wanted to get back the Arc so he could bring peace, we see how powerful the Arc can be and yes, the problem gets solved

it felt like the whole thing got a closure but at the same time some questions were left in the air; if I have to be honest it was a roller coaster of emotions.. it made me anxious, happy and sad (mostly sad) and it left me feeling kinda empty..

I think the fight for the Arc was kinda flat, I was expecting something epic but it ended up feeling weak, what came next, well, I saw it coming but that didn't make me feel better about it; and I think the end felt right, like it was the only way to close the story

spoilers

like I said, I totally understand why we didn't get to see werewolves, I bet the Sirius were capable to turn into wolves BUT let's remember that Yuliy's mom was human, so that mean Yuliy and Mikhail were half human.. maybe that's because he wasn't able to fully transform into a wolf

even if Yuliy believed his brother was dead ('cause he sacrificed himself to save his brother from the vampires) the reality was that Yevgraf bit him so he became a vampire.. the reason why Yevgraf had him was mostly because he could use him to get the Arc, but surprise, he wasn't able to get it u__u

even if Mikhail was a vampire he didn't want to hurt Yuliy and at the end he did something extreme: he let the sick vampires to infect him so he could get rid of the "bond" with Yevgraf and disobey his orders, but when he was finally saved from that bond he already gave the Arc (that was some kind of sphere) to his "Master"

Yevgraf ate the Arc and so one of his eyes got the appeareance of the Arc itself.. the power overwhelmed him and he transformed in a bat-like creature that was able to regenerate, Yuliy and Mikhail fought against him and when Yevgraf wasn't able to control the power anymore they attacked him but he also attacked Mikhail

at the end Yuliy got the Arc and combined it with the sphere the Jeagers found in Dog Village (Yuliy's distroyed village); sadly Mikhail died in his brother's arms T__T

Yuliy then meets Willard (who was the one who helped the vampires to find the Dog Village, of course, Yuliy forgives him) and tells him that he's gotta leave 'cause he wants to protect the Arc that is now part of him and that his purpose is to make humans, vampires and Sirius (him) to get along together (that was his father's vision of the new Sirius pride)

at the end we saw him in the train station with the remaining Royal (the vampire twin that survived), the humans were looking for him and asked the Jaegers to capture him alive but they decided to look for him and warn him about the fact he was some kind of fugitive

in the last scene we see Yuliy talking with the Royal and she suddenly disappears and we see some dust.. so she got sick and died.. right? but she asked Yuliy to go meet the Old vampires and try to help them with the disease, she asked him to save the vampires!

I have to confess that the final look of Yuliy was amazing.. a little more of his hair was white and one of his eyes seems to be the Arc 'cause all the time he had it closed, now he has a god-like power..



I think it was a good anime, I liked the relationship between the brothers, but I found quite strange the fact that Yuliy considered Willard like his father.. why? also.. why they waited till the last episode to vaguely explain what the Arc was?

overall I liked this anime, more than I expected n__n' it was interesting and entertaining, the season finale was nice (still mourning haha) and the animation was, most of the time, good; plus most of the action scenes looked well done

so.. would I recomend it? uhm.. yeah, why not? but don't expect to see werewolves and some romance 'cause it doesn't have either of those :P

about the opening ("Sirius" by Kishida Kyoudan & The Akeboshi Rockets) I have to say that I liked it, it actually was very good and the image's sequence was also nice, same with the colours.. I have to say that Yuliy's eyes were incredible haha

the ending ("Hoshie (星絵)" by sajou no hana) was not bad but it was not one of my favourites of the season, but I have to say that the images' sequence was really cute! I loved that it focused on Jirof brothers *-*

ok! now let's talk about the anime that finished today..


ハッピーシュガーライフ
Happy Sugar Life

- 2018 -
Season: 01          Episodes: 12
Genre: Drama, Horror, Psychological
(Rating: PG-13)
Source: Manga

I decided to watch this anime for its premise, but right now I don't have idea what the f I watched O__O I guess the title may confuse anyone, just don't let it confuse your sweet and pure mind, it's not what it seems

the story focuses on Satou, a "normal" girl who has someone she likes.. things get weirder when she's capable of everything, really, everything to protect her love..

as you can guess (thanks to its genre) it's about a psychotic girl who believes she's in love and she can do anything for the one she thinks it's her true and only love

this anime is full of crazy people.. I think there's not even one character that it's sane.. it goes from "minor" things like lying to "bigger" issues like murder

I found the story very crazy and I thought every character in it was mentally ill, like, I don't really understand what I watched and why did I do it u__u

now, about the characters.. well, every single one of them had their own problems, and sadly (or gladly) I didn't like them, anyone.. like, how could I like any of them? they were all crazy and sick and needed, desesperately, help

[01x12]  ハッピーシュガーライフ  /  "Happy Sugar Life"

ok so, through the season we saw two faces of Satou: one sweet and in love and the other one was the psychotic obsessed with her love; all her life she wanted to know what love was and thanks to her crappy enviroment she grew up with a distorted idea of what that feeling was

all the season we saw the same thing: Satou hiding Shio and her life from everyone and doing all kind of things to protect her love; Asahi looking for his sister..

in this final episode we can see how the problem gets solved; Satou and Shio are going to "escape" together but Asahi will do anything to get finally get back his sister

I feel like the first episode kinda gave us a big spoiler about the end of the story, but don't worry it's not "complete", you have to actually watch this last episode to see what really happens haha

I have to say that through those 24 minutes I felt kind of anxious, what was going to happen with all those crazies? at one point I also felt quite sad but then I remembered everything that was really going on and all the sadness just went away

one thing that I liked about this episode was the confrontation between the Koube siblings, Asahi going to rescue Shio and explaining her their mother's actions and then the little crazy Shio telling him how she really feels..

if I have to be honest I was expecting an incredible and bloody fight between Satou and Asahi but sadly it never came u__u

spoilers

everyone in this anime had something wrong with them: Satou and Taiyou were obsessed over Shio, were they into lolicon? damn.. I found kinda disgusting their relationships with that little girl, and in episode 11 Shio and Satou kissed.. really?

then Shio.. everyone would think she was a sweet normal girl but, oh surprise! she had a trauma: her mother abandoned her on the streets (later we knew that her mother went to kill her husband.. the reason why she left Shio was because one time she hit her daughter and before she turned into an abusive parent, like Shio's dad, she prefered to abandon her), before that her abusive father used to hit her mother (so they left their home but Asahi stood? WHAT?); after all of that she also forgave Satou for everything she did to protect her..

I think Asahi mistake was to stay home with his abusive father while his mother and Shio ran away.. like, really? why? only because his mother said so, so her husband wouldn't go hunt them?

Satou's teacher was a pervert u__u also an M haha when Satou was bad with him he just turned on.. but she was a minor! WTF?

and Satou's aunt.. well, she was f*cked up, really.. she accepted any kind of violence and called it "love", so you can see why Satou was so confused about what love was

through the season we saw Satou doing really disturbing things, she murderer two persons, the first one was one "neighbour" that tried to kill Shio, the second victim was her friend that discovered she was hiding Shio (she sent a picture to Asahi since they were good friends)

Taiyou ended up at Satou's aunt's apartment and he got abused again u__u at the end he had an awful trauma of being abused twice, also he was still obsessed over Shio..

in this final episode Shio and Satou planned to leave their apartment, when they were in the airport Satou saw she didn't had her ring so they came back to look for it.. sadly Asahi was there and they ran away; Satou's aunt was the responsible of getting rid of the evidences so she set fire to the building haha

at the end Shio talked to Asahi and told him she wanted to stay with Satou, as the building was on fire they ran away to the roof and got trapped in it; then Shio said that no matter what they were going to die together, and they jumped..

at the end Satou died to save Shio with her body, her aunt got arrested (and she seemed really happy), Asahi went to visit his sister to the hospital and she showed a behaviour similar to Satou's, so at the end she was crazy too haha


in a few words this anime was f_cked up mates, like, damn why did I watch it?
in one hand I liked the finale haha I thought something "harsh" was going to happen but in the middle of that scene something changed my mind and I realized what was going to happen

I still don't know if it was good or not, but believe me, it was not a happy ending.. maybe a bittersweet one.. who knows?

overall I think it had its good moments but it was a really messed up anime, not for everyone that's for sure; I can't say I enjoyed it because most of the time I was grossed by the characters' attitudes, I guess, for me, was not bad but neither it was good u__u

about the opening ("One Room Sugar Life (ワンルームシュガーライフ)" by Akari Nanawo (ナナヲアカリ)), well, the song was catchy and the images they used were nice, I liked the contrast between the sweet and dark things in it; it was actually a good OP

and the ending ("SWEET HURT" by ReoNa) uhm.. to be honest I didn't like it haha maybe the song was not so bad but the images' sequence was not my thing.. so I guess overall I didn't like it


ohh well, this was super long entry u__u that's why I don't like to write reviews of two different anime in the same entry..

anyway, that was all for today n__n hope you at least enjoyed it..
as always thank you so much for reading/passing by! hope you'll have a wonderful friday, see you tomorrow!

bye bye!