martes, 4 de septiembre de 2018

✱*a bunch of fairytales ☽༓☾

"EVERYONE HAD STORIES THEY TOLD THEMSELVES
TO GET THROUGH THE DAYS."
-The Leavers ~ Lisa Ko

𝓗ello cutiepies❣ ◕ᴥ◕ 
hope you're having a great time ∩__∩ and welcome to a new entry❣

well, right now I'm feeling quite sick  but definitely is not as bad as you may think, so that's why I'm uploading this :P

anyway, today I'm just gonna talk about two things I read, one book and one manga.. but I guess this will be quite long since I have several pics haha

ok, I don't really have anything else to say, so it'll be better if I start with this ∩__∩'


first let me talk about the book I read..


 Love is Hell by Melissa Marr, Scott Westerfeld, Justine Larbalestier, Gabrielle Zevin & Laurie Faria Stolarz
well, I had this book in my queue for a while, and finally decided to give it a try..

I'm not so fond on this kind of books, it all started with Promnights from Hell, and then I decided to keep reading the other books 'cause I thought they'd have short horror stories..

this book has five short stories in which love is the main plot with a  'supernatural' touch.. sadly that wasn't enough for me, most of the time I found it quite boring, like I wasn't able to connect with the stories nor the characters

this book could be more for teenagers, maybe that's why I didn't like it haha

probably I just enjoyed two stories, but even that wasn't enough for me to really enjoye the whole book; of course, I didn't know what to expect 'cause it was my first time reading something from those writers

in case you want to read the complete review, in spanish, click here ∩__∩


 The Legend of Zelda Vol. 1: Ocarina of Time - Perfect Edition by Akira Himekawa
I bought this manga some months ago, the main reason why I decided to get it was 'cause I fell in love with the edition.. I've played just a few games before, but I'm not part of the fandom, plus I don't know much about the story :P

the plot of this volume follows the story of young Link (later adult Link), living in the Kokiri forest, soon he has to leave his home to save the world from the evil..

we witness Link's adventure to become the Hero of Time, his strugles to become the one who will defeat Ganondorf, who is searching for the Triforce, a relic that gives its holder a great power..

also we see how he met Zelda and some other friends that help him to defeat Ganondorf, always by Navi's side, the fairy that accompanies him in the adventure

it was interesting and had a lot of action but it also had some funny parts, I have to say that I enjoyed it a lot; the art looked good most of the time (sometimes it looked kinda messy) and the plot itself was entertaining

I liked a lot the characters, especially Sheik! ohgods I love him (?) wish we'd had more of this amazing yet mysterious character ∩__∩'

overall I really liked this manga, and I hope to read the other volumes soon❣

 

anyway, this is the perfect edition, it contains the two OoT volumes in one.. it comes with a dust jacket (the one in the second pic), in the jacket flaps we have a Triforce in gold and a coloured Zelda illustrations

 

here you can see it without the dust jacket.. it changes the green for white, and the gold for green; in the cover we have a bigger Link and in the back cover we see the Triforce symbol

 

in the first pic we have a coloured Link and in the second one we have a glimpse of the art.. I couldn't resist to take a photo of Link and Zelda together haha sorry they're just too cute 

if you want to read the complete review, then click here ∩__∩


well, I guess this is not as long as I expected it to be haha it even may seem quite crappy.. but I really don't care ∩__∩'

I hope you liked or at least enjoyed today's entry, and since I don't have anything else to say it's my time to say goodbye :P
as always thank you so much for reading/passing by❣

⋆:・゚✧bye bye