domingo, 31 de julio de 2016

the path of needles and the path of pins

"HER DREAMS WERE A TANGLED MESS OF BLOOD AND SHUDDERING TREES."
-Crimson Bound ~ Rosamund Hodge

Hi cutiepies!
hope you're having a great time n__n welcome to a new entry!

this time I decided to make a new entry 'cause, yes, I read another book! I know, I know, I should stop reading like a crazy lady and take a break but I can't! I have so many books left that I want to read *-* I just can't resist the temptation and every now and then I add more to my infinite list! plus I have nothing else to do..

I also thought that by this time I was gonna be done with the anime I'm currently re-watching but uh-oh I was so wrong! I still have some episodes left to watch and also a movie :P so I guess I'll talk about it in a week more or less..

anyway, I don't have so much to say, so we better start with this :P



Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge
I choose this book 'cause I thought the cover was really pretty but also the name caught my eye and I found it quite intriging.. then I read it was a retelling of Red Riding Hood and with that I was totally in for it

I recently discovered I like a lot to read retellings but somehow I never get my hands on them T__T but now I had the opportunity to do it! this is the first book I read of Rosamund Hodge (yeah, I still have to read Cruel Beauty) so I didn't know what to expect of it..

I have to say that at the begining I was quite confused by the story, I even thought I was missing something haha that perhaps it was a sequel or something.. gladly I started to understand it; every now and then I was delighted by the way this author writes and was able to create such a pretty and magical world, maybe that was the reason why I liked the book

even if I didn't like so much the main character, Rachelle, I found her quite nice plus she was strong in so many ways, and with that she won an small place in my heart (well, really, really, really small)
and about the other characters uhm.. I'm not sure if I like them or not :|

yes, I liked the book BUT I didn't love it; I don't think it's one of the best books I've read this year so far, why? well, I found the plot interesting and the writing style was really nice but for me the story was kind of slow: sometimes it really trapped me but other times it bored me (just a little bit)

I liked the way the story ended and overall the book is good, and I can't wait to read more of this author, I'm only hoping her other books are as good as this one :P

otherwise, some weeks ago I got something new! I don't know why I didn't post it before ¬¬ maybe I forgot it u__u anyway, here is it!


Panda hoodie by Hollyland
ohmygods I'm in love with it! isn't it super cute?? even if I think I'm kinda old to wear this kind of stuff (most of the time I feel akward haha) I had to have it!


it's fluffly and warm *-* and I can't stop saying how cute it is! here's a closer look to that cutie face and to the big zipper (yeah, it's enormous!), also you can see the fabric :P

found in tumblr.

by the way.. today is the day.. rise your wand Potterhead! happy birthday to my eternal boyfriend Harry Potter and to my queen, the woman who gave us the biggest magical adventure of our lives: J.K. Rowling!
and oh, today was the release of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child! sadly I'll have to wait until it comes out in spanish ¬¬ damnit..


well, I guess that's all for now.. sorry for the short entry! I don't have so much to say :| but I guess I'll be making a new entry soon: my birthday presents are coming *-*
anyway, thank you for reading/passing by! hope you'll have a wonderful week!

bye bye!