miércoles, 24 de agosto de 2016

like a walking battery

"SHE WASN'T INTERESTED IN TELLING OTHER PEOPLE'S FUTURES.
SHE WAS INTERESTED IN GOING OUT AND FINDING HER OWN."

-The Raven Boys ~ Maggie Stiefvater


Hi cutiepies!
hope you're doing great n__n welcome to a new entry!
I've been quite busy these past few days, yeah, reading a new book *-*

well, another of the tv series I watch had its season finale today, like, minutes ago haha and, obviously, I'm here to talk about it :P

I would love to say I have a lot of things to tell, but nah, as always I don't have anything new to share u__u only that finally I'm not sick anymore :)!

anyway, let's start with this..

the book I read this time was one of the three books I received a bday present :P so that means I only have one left to read u__u


The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
this is the first book of The Raven Cycle series, and I have to say that before this book I've never had read Maggie Stiefvater's job before, so I wasn't sure what to expect of it

what can I say about? I loved it!
I read/heard a lot of good things about this series so I wanted to give it a try, plus the sinopsis looked pretty good, the surprise was that the hype was real: this book is amazing

the main subject was the one that at first caught my eye: magic; as you know I'm a fantasy lover, so I thought this book was for me, I was glad to find out that is also has some mistery, adventure, science, history and even a paranormal touch!

I also enjoyed the characters so much, even if I didn't see a clear development (excep for one of them I guess), I'm sure I'll see it in the next books; my favourite character, without doubt, was Gansey (one of the raven boys haha) 'cause sometimes I related to him, but Blue (somehow we could say, the "main" character) was also great..

the plot, even if sometimes is kinda confusing, is really good and it's easy to follow; I have to say it was one of those books that I couldn't put down! it really trapped me!

okay, sorry but I need to put some spoilers.. so here they come!

***spoilers***

ohgods I need to know what really happened at the end, like, did Adam change? is he the same? why did he move from Gansey's house?

Noah was dead after all that time O__O what? and his best friend, Whelk killed him! what? I never saw that coming.. really.. plus, Whelk finale.. he's dead, and he deserved it but, I don't know.. what really happened?

and Neeve (Blue's aunt..) what happened to her? what was she doing? ohmygods I hope to see and know more of her!

the main mistery: where's Glendower? did the trees tell Gansey where is he or not?

and obviously I'm dying to know more about Ronan: what's the secret his father was killed for that he knows? what did he mean when he mentioned Chainsaw?

***

one thig I liked a lot about this book is that we didn't see a lot of the romance, maybe in the next books, but this one was more about friendship and trust, it was a good introduction to the story..

even if I liked it a lot I didn't give it 5 stars (okay, I did it on GR but it was because I didn't want to give it 4 haha) 'cause I think the author left so many ideas in the wind, like I feel like I needed to know more..
for example, I feel like the final was too rushed, that I needed to know what was really happening..
plus.. that cliffhanger! ohmygods I can't believe Stiefavter did that to us haha

but overall the book is fantastic and I can't wait to read the other books *-*

if you want to see my full review in spanish, click here


ohh btw, I loved the book cover design! it's some kind of 3D *-* just look how pretty it is!

anyway, as I told you up there, another tv series had its season finale..


The Shannara Chronicles
Season: 01          Episodes: 10

well, first of all, let me tell you I wasn't sure about watching this series, but after I watched the first episode I realised it was my kind of series: it has adventure and fantasy, what else could I ask for?

it's based on books, and, sadly, I didn't know about them before! right now I have the first one on my "queue" so I guess I'll be reading it uhm.. soon I hope.. u__u

the main characters are Will (half human, half elf/elvin), Amberle (elvin) and Eretria (human) and they are supposed to go on a mission together, which is almost impossible to believe 'cause their "races" are not friendly with eachother, to save the world from evil, the one in this case are demons..

they have to "protect" an ancient tree called "Ellcrys" which is the responsible of keep all the demons "locked up"; the adventure begins after the Ellcrys gets sick and starts to die: with every leaf that falls down, a demon will come out, so the Four Lands are in danger..

there are elves, humans, trolls, gnomes and other creatures in this dystopic world..


[1x10] Ellcrys
okay, so this episode was full of adrenaline, and I was, almost through the whole thing, like "ohmygods what?"
finally we get to see the destiny of the trio, will they be able to save the Ellcrys? will they reach their destiny?

I have to say my favourite character is Amberle, I don't really know why.. maybe 'cause since the begining she was really brave and selfless.. then Eretria is my second fav, she is amazing and a total badass, finally Will.. he is really cute and also brave

at first I wasn't sure about the weird love triangle, but suddenly I was totally in for it, sorry but I love AmberlexWill *-* I know a lot of people love PrincessRover but I want Will and Amberle end up together.haha

anyway, here come the spoilers! sorry :P

***spoilers***

Will used the elfstones to save Eretria!
then they were trying to get out of Safehold, but some Trolls were chasing 'em so she sacrificed herself and decided to stay behind to give Will and Amberle some time..

Brandon escapes and kills a guard! I think Catania was so dumb to trust in him 'cause, oh well, she's "in love" with him.. like, srly Catania?

we also had the Amberle and Will scene we've been waiting for (or at least me haha): they confessed their love.. ohmygods!

finally they arrived to Arborlon.. only to find that the war has begun: the demon army is there! luckily the Gnomes agreed to fight with the elves so they could save, together, the Four Lands..
I was in shock when the Demon warrior took of his elmet/mask.. ohh it was Arion! Ander's brother O__O but then he killed Tilton T__T and Ander attacked him.. then Arion asked him to kill him.. and Ander does it!!

Allanon rescues Amberle and Will, and take them to the Ellcrys.. but then BAM! Dagda Mor was there, and they start to fight..

Amberle confess to Will that she had a vision when she got inside the Bloodfire revealing her true destiny: she has to become the new Ellcrys! O__O what? my baby!

after she becomes the new Ellcrys all the demons disappear and at the end Allanon tells Will that he knew Amberle's destiny T__T
Will is heartbroken but he decided to go back for Eretria..

and the final scene.. Eretria was taken by the Trolls and she saw someone she knew! who is it? O__O

***

so, yeah, we can say it was like a roller coaster.. full of feelings T__T
gladly MTV renewed the show for a second season! I can't wait *,..,*

otherwise I got something really cool..


Star Wars pencilcases! haha they came for free when my mom bought tissues :P
one of a Stormtrooper and one of BB8!


anyway.. I guess that's all for now.. sorry for not coming with the full entry.. I promise I'll come back to edit tomorrow, okay?
ohh btw, I recently started to edit some of the previous entries :P so fell free to take a look!

thanks for reading/passing by! hope you'll have a wonderful week!

bye bye!