viernes, 23 de marzo de 2018

"he" whispers into my ears

"FEAR IS LIKE A FIRE. IF YOU CAN'T CONTROL IT, 
T WILL BURN EVERYTHING AROUND YOU AND DESTROY YOU."
-Tokyo Ghoul:re Vol. 2 ~ Sui Ishida

Hi cutiepies!
hope you're doing great n__n welcome to a new entry! finally the day has come.. here's the first season finale of the anime winter season! so I guess you already know what is this going to be about..

anyway, before going to sleep I decided to read another manga volume n__n' I wasn't sure if it was a good idea but as you can see at the end I did it :P

ok, since I don't know if the entry will be long or not and I don't want to waste more time, I better start with it.. so here we go!


first let me talk about the manga I read this time..


Tokyo Ghoul:re Vol. 1 by Sui Ishida
finally I decided to start with this sequel.. and I have to say that, even if I already know a lot of spoilers (damn..) the story seems interesting and this volume surprised me a lot..

now the story takes place two (or three?) years after the attack againts Anteiku and the Owl, the CCG keeps on fighting against the ghouls; now we follow the mysterious Sasaki Haise, a ghoul investigator in charge of an special squad: the Quinx

I think the story advances really quick, in this first volume we know the truth about Sasaki and what's special about the Q's (Quinx squad); as I said the story seems to be interesting, now we're standing in the CCG's point of view, which makes things quite diffrent from the original story

sadly, most of the time I felt lost, like I missed something u__u I think that I need some background for the story like, what happened in those two years? what happened with all the characters we saw in TG?

I was also surprised and intrigued most of the time, really I found myself not capable of stop reading!
overall it was a good volume but since I don't feel like I really enjoy the CCG characters I thought sometimes the story was slow and quite boring.. the bright side is that it was a good introduction to the new story, we got a lot of info! o__o

oh, I think I forgot to say that right now I'm really attracted to Sasaki? damn.. I just.. ohgods I love white/gray/silver haired characters! *-*

in case you want to check out the complete review, in psnaish and with spoilers, click here then n__n


Tokyo Ghoul:re Vol. 2 by Sui Ishida
yes.. I already read the second volume u__u if you wanna know why is just because I wanted to have a little background for the upcoming anime..

anyway, I have to say that this volume is actually better than the previous one!
I still can't believe how much "old" chacaters we saw u__u it was a huge impression.. I felt happy, sad and shocked while reading

I still feel that I need more background, you know? sometimes I still feel lost  @__@ the story has a good pace.. even if sometimes it seems rushed I think that if it was slower it would turn quite boring

in this volume we saw the CCG's operation to erradicate ghouls.. but it turned more dangerous than they thought: the Aogiri finally made a move.. the question here is, why?

one thing that catches my attentions is that everyone seems to know about Sasaki, not only the humans but the ghouls, and that my friends is quite disturbing.. so it's not really a secret.. could it be that the reson why everyone is making their moves is because of him?

overall, in my opinion this volume was great.. it was entertaining and really fast to read, I wasn't able to put it down! it gave me some good action/fight scenes that I was dying to see and also some emotional moments.. so, yeah, so far I'm enjoying a lot :re

if you want to read the complete review, in spanish, click here n__n

now the time to talk about anime has come.. so behold the first season finale of the ones I watched this season!


伊藤潤二「コレクション」  /  Ito Junji: Collection
Season: 01          Episodes: 12 (+2 specials)
Genre: Mystery, Horror, Psychological, Supernatural (Rating: R - 17+ - Violence & Profanity)

when I first knew that Junji's works were going to be adapted into anime I felt excited.. even if I've only read Uzumaki and one short story from him, I really wanted to see more of his work 'cause he's considered the King in the horror manga community

the biggest surprise was to find out that a bunch of his short stories were going to appear in the anime, at first I thought it could be similar to YamiShibai and I was kind of.. nervous

so the first episode aired and, to be honest, it wasn't so bad but it wasn't great either..
to be honest I never thought about dropping it 'cause it was entertaining and some stories gave me the chills, other had some disturbing (more like "ew") parts and one or two were actually kinda funny

the season consist in 12 episodes, and, aproximately 25 stories in total, and since they are not related to each other, this time I'm not gonna talk about the season finale as I always do..


I was kinda glad to see the return of two characters we previously saw in the last episode, it was a nice touch to end its season..

overall this anime was entertaining, it wasn't what I was expecting (for me no horror at all), but it was just good.. the animation was not the best but, believe me, it's not the worst of the season

but, would I recommend it? maybe it's not for all, if you don't mind some blood, unanswered questions about the origin of the supernatural phenomenons and disgusting scenes (like a slug coming out of somebody's mouth.. ew), than probably you can have some nice time watching this anime..

now, about the OP and ED.. ohgods, I really enjoyed the openning! the image sequence, the colours they choose and the song ("Shichiten Battou no Blues (七転八倒のブルース)" by THE PINBALLS) made it good.. not my favourite but it was good without a doubt; the ending song was not the best for me but what I liked about it is that the images changed according each episode, plus the colour combination looked nice

and the specials are going to be released in april and may, so I guess I'll talk about them when they come out :P

this time I think spoilers are not necessary, so for once we can be happy :P


ok, believe it or not, this entry is finally coming to an end n__n
it wasn't as long as I expected but it's not short either.. guess it's ok like that

damn.. now I'm kinda tired, this was not as easy as I thought.. and tomorrow will be even worse since I'm gonna come to review two anime u__u

now that's all for now, hope you had a good time reading this crazy entry..
as always thank you so much for reading/passing by!
hope you'll have a wonderful friday, see you tomorrow!

bye bye!