miércoles, 10 de mayo de 2017

いかないで

"THERE ARE ALWAYS CHOICES."
-The Sleeper and the Spindle ~ Nel Gaiman

Hi cutiepies!
hope you're having a great time, welcome to a new entry n__n

this time the entry will be kind of crappy haha is just that I don't have so much to tell and right now I'm tired and I have an awful headache u__u so I better hurry up with this..

as you probably know I've been watching anime and I'm very close to finish one of them.. even if it has two seasons I'm feeling quite emotiona over it haha I never thought it could grow on me as deep as it actually has.. I can't believe that after the first two episodes I was thinking about quiting it! now look at me, I'm a total mess thanks to it..

anyway, I better start with this now!


lately I've been into manga too much, right? so I decided it would be a nice idea to read a book instead..


 ↳ The Sleeper and the Spindle by Neil Gaiman
I have to confess that at first I wasn't so sure about this book, but I decided to give it a try anyway

I've just read one single book of Gaiman, and probably it wasn't perfect for me, but I really want to read more of his work, so I thought this book would be a good choice; first the sinopsis caught my attention (actually not that much haha) also the cover looks simply gorgeous

okay, so the story is some kind of mash-up of Snow White and The Sleeping Beauty fairy tales; the Disney movies are not of my favourites (I know I have to know more about the "original" tales.. I'll look forward for them, I swear) so I didn't had high expectations of this book

turns out this story takes some things of those stories and combines them together in a way that actyally fits very good

one thing that I liked a lot was that, in the book Gaiman tells us that in this story we won't see a prince rescuing the princess, instead we see her rescuing herself (well, with some help)

another thing I simply loved was the illustrations *-* ohmygods they are simply gorgeous! and the best part? it does not only have a bunch of them, actually it has a lot!

I was surprised when I saw that the book is very short: less than 100 pages! I'm not sure if I liked that though, I feel like, in the end, I needed more u__u
I don't know exactly why, but at the begining it was kind of boring, and when the action came it was kind of lazy, again, I needed/wanted more

the story has a plot twist that I wasn't expecting and that I actually liked, sadly I don't think it was enough to save the book..
and the ending, well it wasn't bad but it wasn't the best either.. when I reached the end of the story I was like "is that all?"

overall it was a nice story but it wasn't what I was expecting, but the illustrations.. damn.. those were beautiful!

if you want to read the complete review, in spanish and with spoilers, click here please n__n

otherwise my sis got another polish for me.. well, truth is that I picked it up haha


Nail polish by Charm Limit
yes, the same brand as the last ones I showed you n__n'
this time I picked up a violet shade, I just love purple a lot! the best thing about it is that it's also metallic matte *-* and I'm dying to try it on!

oh! I also got a little present yesterday n__n


Harry Potter necklace
honestly I was dying to get a necklace like this! plus I'm always an slut (sorry!) for Harry Potter stuff haha so I almost died when I received it *-*

isn't it super pretty?
also notice the background n__n is my illustrated copy of Philosopher's Stone!


well well.. as I said this entry is kind of short.. but the next one will be better!

ohgods I'm just excited about Fukumenkei Noise, yeah, the anime I'm currently watching (every week, y'all!).. it gets better and better.. I just can't wait for the next episode!

oh! after I watched this anime for the first time, I found out it's based on a manga: there are like 12 volumes, but sadly in english there is only one out ¬¬ the second one will be out soon and the third will see the light a few months later; I'm kind of sad 'cause I really want to give it a try.. people say that actually the manga is incredible so.. I guess I'll be looking for it asap!

about the title of the entry.. is kind of strange, right? sorry but it was the only thing I was able to think of n__n' is just that currently I'm obsessed with that song.. okay okay I confess! I'm obsessed with anime song haha sorry but there's nothing I can do..

anyway, I guess that's all for now n__n as always thank you so much for reading/passing by!
hope you'll have a wonderful week!

bye bye!