martes, 19 de enero de 2016

I was biten... again..

"HE'S THE GUY WHO WALKED UP AND BIT ME
FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON WHATSOEVER."
-Boys that Bite ~ Mari Mancusi

Hi cutiepies!
hope you're doing great, I've been kinda busy.. reading.. haha yes, finally! as you can see I started with another vampire saga! I know, I know.. I shouldn't do that but, I couldn't help myself.. when I noticed I was already reading it..

I knew about it thanks to Goodreads and I said "why not?" I wasn't expecting so much about it, so, what could go wrong?

actually I wanted to read a completely different book haha but I don't know why I didn't.. maybe I'm kinda afraid or something like that about reading that book.. but I PROMISE to do it as soon as I finish this saga :P

okay okay, let's start with this!



Boys that Bite by Mari Mancusi
this is the first book of the Vampire Coven Saga; I noticed so many people doesn't know about these books and I think I know why: a lot of people is already tired of vampires (which are one of my favourites "mythical" creatures) and this series is not really good

it was really, really, easy to read and sometimes at first the used expressions were kind of annoying ("OMG, FYI", etc.) but after a while I didn't even notice them haha; it's one of those books you could easily read in less than one day (but I tried to take it easy)

the plot was quite interesting; I liked the fact that the protagonist has a twin sister but the fact that they were opposites was a total cliche; but in general was nice

about the characters.. well, here I have a little problem: the lead lady, Sunshine was, somehow, annoying.. I found her irritating and most of the time she acted like a baby.. in the other side, her twin sister, Rayne was kind of cool but we didn't get to know a lot about her T__T

and Magnus, the love interest, was actually really nice, he waa, sometimes, funny and lovely, I really liked him but somehow I feel the character was a little bit flat, I don't know, maybe I expected him to be something more or had something else in him.. maybe in the next books he gives me what I'm looking for even if I don't know what it is..

as I said, in general is a nice book, but honestly I hope the saga gets better, I don't want to get my expectations too high just to find out it is not what I wanted..


well, honestly I don't know what else to say, I still need to edit the pictures I have to start editing the entries.. so for now that's all I have for now x___x

as always, thanks for reading/passing by! have a nice week

bye bye! *