lunes, 19 de noviembre de 2012

《Fifty Shades》

"I have stood here before in the pouring rain
with the world turning circles running 'round my brain.
I guess I'm always hoping that you'll end this reign,
but it's my destiny to be the king of pain"

well, as I said in the prev post, I'm gonna talk about Fifty Shades..
past friday I finished with the 3rd book, so here's my super awesome (sure sure LOL) critic :P

I think there's a taboo about erotic genre, people usually think is something dirty, something that is not right; but is only literature, is something natural, isn't it? I had my prejudice about these books but I gave them a chance..

Fifty Shades (trilogy) is an erotic story, but what's behind it? well, I think the author tries to sell us the idea that it's about "Romance"
but what do we have if we quit the explicit erotic lines? well, I think we don't have a damn thing... we just have the strange idea of the kind of love that every girl (or maybe person?) wants.. we have the characters; Anastasia Steele (aka Ana) and Christian Grey (aka Fifty), everything happens in.. less than a year; maybe we think "only a year? it's fast" but we have three books..



the author (EL James) said she was inspired by Edward Cullen (Twilight), I knew this after I red the first book, but it's SO obvious, I saw a lot of similarities between Twilight and Fifty Shades of Grey: the "normal" smart girl with low confidence; the super handsome, billionaire and irressistible guy and their "impossible" love.. and now I'm starting to think is just a Twilight M-Rated fanfiction T__T

I have to say the three books are almost the same, of course, some new characters in the next two, but is always the same.. which is kinda dumb and boring..

uhm.. I think I have some kind of "bad feeling" about this trilogy..
I think is not what it seems: for me it was an awful story.. and, in my opinion, it's about an unhealthy relationship..

I think Christian Grey is not as good as people think, so many women would say "how romantic! he sold Ana's car and got her a better one!" but what I see there is "he sold her car without her consent, he is controlling her life"

at one point I clearly saw he manipulates and harasses Anastasia.. the worst part: she lets that happens all the time..
only beacuse he's rich, handsome and intelligent doesn't mean that her should allow him to do all those things to her.. he even controlled her work place! he knew her adress before she told him.. what the fuck? I don't think that's romantic that's creepy

so.. that's all for now.. and sorry if my review is not what you were expecting.. is just how I feel about these books.. maybe I'll sell them in the future.. I don't think they have a place i my bookshelf

but one thing that simply got in my head was Grey's "goodbye":
Laters Babies 

The Police - King of Pain♫