lunes, 18 de febrero de 2019

palette of lies

Hello cutiepies!
hope you're having a great time! welcome to a new entry n__n

this entry will be short, I don't have much to say and I'm not feeling quite well x__x today I went to buy my monthly manga and the weather was just hideous! I felt like I was in hell haha at the end I had a headache and felt quite.. uhm.. dizzy?

anyway, right now I'm not feeling like writing a lot, so I guess it'll be better if I start with this n__n


first let me tell you about the book I read like two days ago..


The Warden by Madeleine Roux
I'm determined to finish this series this year, and if I do it sooner the better.. that's why I picked up this book, now I only have just one left

this book takes place in the past (before the main story), when Brookline operated as an asylum; the protagonist, Jocelyn, enters to work there as a nurse, and she meets the warden, Daniel Crawford..

I have to confess that I really enjoyed this book, I liked the fact that finally we get to know (even if it's just a little bit) the warden, sadly it wasn't enough for me 'cause I wanted to know much more about him

even if this doesn't add anything new to the main story, I enjoyed the little connections it has with the other books (like the characters), I bet fans of the series found that interesting too :P

at first I found the story quite boring but slowly it got better and better.. and suddenly it ended, in the best part!

overall I liked it, I think it was interesting but I wish we had more info about Crawford and his crazy yet brilliant mind.. personally I don't think this was a horror book, but I think some people may find it quite disturbing

if you want to read the complete review in spanish click here please n__n

ok, now let me show you my beloved manga (I still can't believe I waited one month to read it..)


Black Butler Vol. XVI by Yana Toboso
ohgods the cover is stunning! I never realized how much I love Soma up until this volume!

anyway, the main subject of this volume is the festival that's gonna take place in the Weston College Ciel is currently attending to; we see how the earl tries to get info about Derrick and how it seems nobody knows details about the "case"

Sebastian and Ciel get involved in the "festival", which is primarily a cricket match; our protagonist will try to show his abilities to win the title of the most valuable player so the principal could pick him to attend the midnight tea party

I have to say that it was, indeed, funny, and we see something strange is going on in the college, so it also was interesting; I have to confess that I feel happy that we could see some characters that were absent in this arc, I missed them!

overall I really liked it and I'm sure the next volume will be even more interesting and I'm hoping to finally know what's really going on in this arc :P

in case you want to read the complete review, in spanish and with tons of spoilers, click here please n__n

 

here you can see the back, which contains the synopsis and an image featuring the "servants" or the four Prefects (Clayton, Edward, Ciel, Harcourt and Sebastian)

then in the coloured page we have Sebastian, Ciel, Cheslock, Violet (these two with a touch of purple), Greenhill and Edward (with a touch of green) and on the right page we see Soma in the Black Quiz

 

and, last but not least, here is a little glimpse of the art of this volume!
first, my fav: Vincent Phantomhive! (aah, what a cutie! I'm melting *-*) and, as always, I can't help it but show my hubby Sebas-chan!


oh! at the end I spent too much time writing this haha but gladly I made it! I'm feeling quite happy as you can see :P

btw I just started to read two mangas n__n' Darling in the FranXX, which I wanted to read since long time ago and finally had to chance to do it.. and Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo suru, which caught my attention and wanted to give it a try (actually is super funny haha)

since now I'll tell you that those mangas are going to be under the radar, so I'm not gonna talk about them like I usually do with other works..

oh! and finally I posted an entry I've been delaying for a while.. if you want to give it a look, click here please n__n

anyway, as you notice, this was, indeed, short, but I hope you enjoyed it!
and thank you very much for reading/passing by!

bye bye!