lunes, 13 de agosto de 2018

I'm in paradise

Hi cutiepies!
hope you're having a great time n__n and welcome to a new entry!

it has been some time since the last time I published an entry.. originally I was going to post one on saturday but I thought about it and decided to do it today instead (I have reasons, I swear..) :P and so here we are..

but don't think I've been acting lazy all along, no, as you maybe noticed I started to edit/finish some previous entries! it took me a while to do it, but since I was not uploading a new entry I thought it was a good idea.. so yeah I edited like 5 or 6 and now they're completely finished!

anyway.. today was a hard day.. my back and my head hurt but it's nothing new since I went to buy some stuff u__u I just hate that part of my life haha I mean when I have to go out and get things >__< I just don't like to do it!

so finally today I got my babies! and honestly I couldn't be happier :P
since I don't know how long will this be, I guess it'll be better if I start n__n


ok, as I mentioned, today I bought my babies and I couldn't be more excited!
but believe me when I say I'm broke right now u__u


MANGAS!
haha this time my wallet really suffered and I'm broke, but it totally worths it *-* just look at my babies..

now, a little of backstory.. as you know past year I started to read manga and I was quite excited to get some.. the firsts ones I got were two volumes of Tokyo Ghoul and I was dying to get the other 12 volumes but when Black Butler was announced to be released in november I died.. and promised to myself to get every single one of the volumes 'cause is one of my fav stories.. and now here I am, 10 months after and with volume 10 in my hands n__n'

and finally the last volume of The Legend of Zelda is here! what at first I thought was a thing of one time became an "I have to get the 5 volumes just because they are pretty" u__u the worst part of all is that I haven't even read the first volume yet T__T but I'm planning to do it soon!

and the best part: the first volume of InuYasha is out!
when I saw the edition Panini Manga was going to release I fell in love with it and thought that I had to get at least the first volume.. I guess it was cheap compared to another similar works (like Saint Seiya, Jojo's, or even Akira) from the same editor (in this case Panini in my country) and believe when I say it's beautiful..

of course, I'm gonna show Zelda and InuYasha in detail when I read them n__n'
but for now here's BB!


as you probably know by now, a few weeks ago I read this volume haha so that means I'm a little behind of my original intention..
this time we have Tanaka (who's a badass btw) in the cover

 

in the back we have the synopsis and an illustration showing Jeremy, Ciel and Grey; then we have the coloured page (this time with a touch of lavender which I love) featuring Grimsby ,Irene ,Ciel, Tanaka and Woodley and in the back of the cover (often called alternate cover) we have Tanaka as the Black Esper

 

and as always, a glimpse of the art.. and as always it looks beautiful.. and Sebby *-* he looks so damn gorgeous!

now let me talk about the latest manga I read n__n


Goth by Otsuichi (story) & Kendi Oiwa (art)
firts let me say that I saw some recomandations of this manga that I really wanted to give it a try, what caught my eye were the title and then the synopsis which seemed kinda interesting and so my style!

the plot follows two students (one of them named Morino and the other one remains anonymous until the end) who are obsessed about death; strange murders take place and they are strangely involved in them

what I liked about this manga were, first, the art.. is stunning! then the fact that the characters react to the situation and how they didn't really care about the case itself, they just feel curious and they even feel jelaous of the murder or the victim..

this manga it's tagged as horror, but I think the story plays more with the psychological element and makes you realise how crazy people can get if they surrender to their darkest desires; the thing here is that I don't think it's for all people, it has some explicit frames that maybe would make the reader to feel uncomfortable (well, actually we can see bodies so you can imagine..)

overall I really liked/enjoyed it, I think it was an interesting story with interesting characters, I liked everything about it :P and the ending was kinda confusing haha but it felt good.. sadly I would like it to have more chapters but I guess it would lose charm if it did

in case you want to read the complete review click here n__n

otherwise I finally finished watching a "new" tv series


Siren
Season: 01          Episodes: 10

well, I really wanted to watch it before, but when it premiered I forgot about it.. then I just said "yeah, I'll watch it later.. later.." and that later never came u__u finally like two ot three weeks ago I decided it was time to do it.. and as you can guess, yes, it took me more than two weeks to finish it

anyway, the story takes place in Bristol Cove, a coastal town, known for having a legend about mermaids; one day a mysterious girl appears and strange things start to take place in the town

the plot seemed quite interesting since in the first episode they showed us that the military was involved with a siren case.. and then there were some deaths involving an strange woman, plus we explored if a siren and humans relationship could work

I have to say that I was so glad when I saw how the story portrayed the sirens: not the typical super beautiful women-like creatures who fall in love with humans and/or make them fall for them; instead the sirens were hunters, killing machines

I'd have liked to know more about the sirens and their world 'cause we just saw a little about them, like the relationship between Ryn and Donna and some details about their way of living

about the characters.. well, the main ones, Ben (descendant of the town's founder Charles Pownall) and Maddie (step-daughter of the sheriff) were nice, I especially liked Maddie, she's a sweetheart! and I loved Ryn! I really liked how she wanted to learn and how kind she got through the season

[01x10] "Aftermath"

after everything about Ryn and her search for her sister resolved, we saw how she grew fond of humans and how her sister, Donna, hated that and how she wanted to take Ryn back to the ocean and so she brought to the town two sirens to take her sister back.. but as usual not everything goes according to the plan..

in this final episode, after the fight against the sirens, we see how troublesome has become the fact that Ben is literally obsessed with Ryn's song and how it affects his life, especially his relationship with Maddie

this season finale was a roller coaster.. the moments between Ryn and Donna, and Ben and Maddie were really emotional T__T and finally the big secret behind Bristol Cove's legend is revealed!

I think it was a good episode, it was nice to see how the characters evolved and the change between the start and the end of the season is perfectly visible

spoilers

the sirens Donna brought with her wanted to kill Ryn 'cause she broke their rules but Donna didn't want that so they started to fight around the town, luckily Ryn won against the other mermaid and she became the "alpha" and ordered them to go back and say she was dead

Xander, after he found out Ryn was a mermaid and that more sirens were in the town, he went after them to revenge his father's death; he was going to shoot the merman who killed his father but Ben tried to stop him and Donna got injured..

they called Doctor Decker so he could help Donna, he had some of her blood but after a while they realize that it's not helping and she's getting worse.. and Ryn decided to stop her suffering T__T

when Decker finds out Donna's dead he starts to get crazier about the siren's song and he goes to the ocean and suicides; Ben is suffering because of Ryn's song too and when he's in the boat he hears it and starts to swim towards it until he almost drowns.. luckily Ryn gets just in time and takes him out of the water

Helen reveals she's the last descendant of Pownall and the siren from 150 years ago, she has an special place for the ones of her "class" to be buried.. and offers the place to Donna, Ryn decides she's gonna stay in land from now on..

later she tells Ben that she's stay away from him 'cause she doesn't want him to get hurt thanks to her song; at the end we see Maddie taking a phone call from her mother..


one thing I really loved was how they managed to show Ryn's evolution, how she started to learn from humans

overall I liked this series, I'm still not sure if I liked that it only had 10 episodes but it was a nice start.. it seems that we're gonna get a second season though.. I just hope they'll show us more about sirens' folklore


oh well, I know that was a sh_tty review haha is just that I don't know, I wrote it like two or three times and I didn't like it, now it seems kind of nice..

at the end I think this entry is quite long u__u it was not like I planned it to be like that.. it just happened haha

anyway, since I don't have anything else to say I guess this is all for today
hope you don't think I'm crazy and enjoyed the entry n__n' as always thank you so much for reading/passing by!
hope you'll have a wonderful week!

bye bye!