viernes, 17 de agosto de 2018

beautiful things are short-lived

Hello cutiepies!
hope you're doing great n__n welcome to a new entry!
these days I've been feeling quite lazy haha I'm starting to feel quite better but sometimes sadness just hits and all I can do is bear with it..

anyway this time I don't have so much to say, actually I was in a big dilemma u__u I was about to finish two anime but I picked up just one so I could talk about it today, if not the entry would have been really extense, now the problem will come in the next entry..

ok ok, I'm just diverting from the point here :P let's start with this!


I was thinking about reading another manga volume but at the end I decided to choose a book n__n


The Butterfly Garden by Dot Hutchison
to be honest I wanted to read this book since long time ago but I tended to forget about it haha luckily I was able to finally check it out..
after I finished I noticed this book belongs to a series (instead of a trilogy as I originally thought), so that means I still have to read another two :P

anyway, the story takes place in the present, when a girl named Maya is telling her story to the FBI, about how she got involved in a sirious case about a man who held her, and other girls, captive in a place called "the Garden", where they were known as "Butterflies"; as the story advances we start to know the horrors the "Gardener" (the man who kidnaped the girls) did to the victims

I found the plot very interesting and it had me hooked all the time, but of course I won't say it's a book for everyone 'cause it has a lot of violence

most of the book made me feel quite angry, the things that the Gardener made to the girls was just horrible >__< I thought it couldn't be something worst but then something happened that made me feel even angrier

and the end.. well, I guess it was good but not as good as the whole story before it was; the little plot twist that it offered us was kinda.. senseless? unimportant? irrelevant? and I felt like it added nothing to the story..

overall it was a great book and I really enjoyed it now I can't wait to read the other from the same series :P

in case you want to read the complete review click here then n__n

otherwise, I finally finished watching another anime! I'm getting closer to my goal of completing 100 different anime (of which I'll talk later when I do it haha)


文豪ストレイドッグス
Bungo Stray Dogs

- 2016 -
Season: 01          Episodes: 12
Genre: Action, Comedy, Mystery, Supernatural, Powers (Rating: R-17)
Source: Manga

Iheard so many good things about this anime that I decided to give it a try, plus the fact that so many people mentioned it had a "literary touch" made me even more curious..

the story follows Atsushi, a guy who ran away from an orphanage due to an incident involving a man-killing tiger; he has an encounter with Dazai Osamu..

[TO EDIT]