martes, 10 de enero de 2017

you're a great wizard

"THE TRUTH. IT IS A BEAUTIFUL AND TERRIBLE THING,
AND SHOULD THEREFORE BE TREATED WITH GREAT CAUTION."
-Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone ~ J.K Rowling

Hi cutiepies!
hope you're doing great n__n I've been quite busy and tired u__u but finally I have some free time to come to do a new entry!

well well.. maybe you know it or not, but since I was obsessed with YoI I decided to watch more anime haha and I'm officially done with SnK! but, guess who's obsessed with it? OUI! MOI!
due to this I decided to try something new: I'm gonna read manga!

abig surprise, uh? is just because I really want to know everything about SnK..

also I finally read my first book of the year! is a shame that I wasn't able to put it on GR haha 'cause is the same book I read years ago.. luckily I can talk about it here!

so we better start with the entry!



Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling (illustrations by Jim Kay)
isn't it beautiful? I couldn't resist the urge to read it!
one of my new year's resolutions was to re-read HP, and I thought reading the illustrated edition would be the perfect way to start, but don't get me wrong, I'll read the normal edition later n__n'

I won't talk about the story itself 'cause I think everyone already know what is it about, I'm only gonna say that I was glad to "return" to the magical world! it was a real adventure

I haven't read the HP books since some time ago, so my memory isn't really fresh.. BUT, maybe I'm going crazy, I noticed some changes in this book.. like, some things are not the same.. but again, I'll talk deeply about it after I re-read the normal edition..

anyways, about the book.. it's so gorgeous that I could die!


first of all.. it's hardcover! and it has a dust jacket *-* like, how cool is that?
maybe I'm wrong but it's the first book I own that has dust jacket.. and I'm in love with it!

due to this it's quite heavy x__x so it took me more time to read it than I expected.. my hands ended up hurting a little bit thanks to it haha but I don't regret reading it!


the illustrations are amazing and they really make you feel the magic
it'd had been amazing to have more of them, but I can't complain, the book is PERFECT


overall, this book is incredible, and even if it's a little bit expensive I think it totally worths it!
now I can't wait to get the second one, The Chamber of Secrets!

click here for my review in spanish!

otherwise, like I said in the begining of the entry, I finally finished watching SnK!
so, here we go!


進撃の巨人 Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan)
Season: 01          Episodes: 25
OVAs: 5          Movies: 4 (2 live action)

well, where do I begin with?
this anime is based on the manga written and illustrated by Hajime Isayama; I don't really know how to describe it, so I'm gonna say it's some kind of fantasy dystopia.. or something like that haha

anyways, for a long time I heard this anime (and the manga too) was really good, but I wasn't interested in anime, so I let it go..
it was until I watched Yuri !!! on ice when I decided to explore more of this marvellous world

what a great choice! Shingeki no Kyojin is incredible!
the story is about how humanity has survived through th years while monsters, called titans, hunted them to the point where humankind is almost extinct

humans live sorrounded by three walls, the ones keep the titans away from them..
the story begins with Eren Jaeger, his foster sister Mikasa Ackermann and their friend Armin Arlert.. one day a colossal titan appears.. and the rest is history..

I found everything about this anime amazing, the plot is super interesting and it keeps you wondering what's coming next; the characters are well constructed, and my favurite is, no doubt, Mikasa, followed by Levi! *-*
plus the animation is also great..

I still can't understand why I didn't watch it before!


[01x25] 壁 ―ストヘス区急襲③―
(Wall: Assault on Stohess, Part 3)
(Muralla: Asalto en el Distrito Stohess, 3ra Parte)

this episode was a roller coaster from begining to end; we finally get a confirmation about the identity of the female titan (something that was pretty obvious since the moment it appeared for the first time) but we don't see the "why", that confused me a little bit if I have to be honest..

for the people who didn't read the manga (like me) the main question stays unsolved: why? what was the purpose behind all of this?

we also see Eren and his "power", we see what is he capable to do.. and yeah, I bet it scared us a little bit, right?

through the whole season we saw so many deaths that one more doesn't surprise us, but they're quite sad if you ask me..

for me it was a great season finale, it left me breathless and like a crying baby..
I just hope we can discover more in the next season!

overall, this anime is fantastic!
I feel glad and sad at the same time about this whole thing: in one hand I feel sad 'cause I recently joined the fandom, I'm still a baby!
but in the other hand I feel glad 'cause I didn't had to wait like a thousand years for a second season! haha! it is coming out in april *-* so I don't have to wait a lot (like the poor fandom did)

I already finished watching the OVAs (which I have to mention are really good, specially the ones based on Levi's life: A Choice with no Regrets) but I'm still missing the four movies (two of them are live-action), hopefully I can catch 'em soon *-*

so, after watching the whole season I felt like I needed more of it, so I made my choice: I'm gonna read the manga!
yes, it's gonna be like my first time (something like that..) reading manga, so wish me good luck!


well, I think that's all for now.. sorry for the long entry guys n__n' is just that I had to show you my beautiful book and, yeah, I had to talk aboit SnK :P what can I say? I'm just a fangirl..
btw, I'm re-watching, for the third time, Yuri !!! on ice haha sorry! I love it *-*

as always thank you so much to reading/passing by!
have a wonderful week n__n

bye bye!