martes, 11 de octubre de 2016

the bride of death

"IT IS A TRUTH UNIVERSALLY ACKNOWLEDGED
THAT A ZOMBIE IN POSSESSION OF BRAINS
MUST BE IN WANT OF MORE BRAINS."
-Pride and Prejudice and Zombies ~ Seth Grahame-Smith

Hi cutiepies!
welcome to a new entry! hope you're having a great time n__n
I'm kind of busy u__u but finally I had some free time to come..

I really don't have so much to say, so I guess this entry will be pretty short u__u but I'll do my best, I swear haha this time I read a new book but, to be honest, it took me more time than I expected ¬¬ but finally I'll talk about it!

anyway, we better start with today's entry!



Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by (Jane Austen) Seth Grahame-Smith
actually I wanted to read this book since long time ago but I never did anything to do it, until now..
but my desire to read it increased right after knowing there was going to be a movie, so I wanted to give it a try..

I have to say that this book is not what I thought it was; I guess the reason why it took me more time than I expected to finish it was that I founf it quite boring :| I wanted to see more zombies than the ones it currently has

I was surprised to see that is not a brand new story, I mean I thought it was based on the original story by Austen, but no, it's actually the same book, same quotes, same characters, same situations..
of course, Grahame-Smith changed just a few details for them to fit the zombie theme

I liked the book, but sometimes the things that involved the zombies seemed quite forced and, as I said before, I think that, for being a book about zombies it didn't had enough of them; I wanted it to be bloodier and with more action

so in one hand it was disappointing :| but I can't deny the original story by Austen, Pride and Prejudice, is one of my favourites, so it felt kind of good to read this book and have the feeling that I was reading the original

oh, and it has some illustrations! and they look incredible haha I just wish it'd had more of them..
and something that surprised me is that this book is part of a "trilogy" O__O so.. maybe I'll try to give it a try, maybe not soon but someday..

for the complete review, in spanish of course, click here n__n

anyway, some time ago I got a new ring n__n but I totally forgot to show it 'cause I didn't know where it was haha so it was a big surprise when I found it



Black dog ring
this ring is super cute and lovely! I love dogs *-* so it's perfect for me, right?

I don't know if you can see it clearly but it's a French Bulldog n__n
it seems that it's made of plastic, but the material is actually not as fragile as it looks, I'm just in love with it.. it's super cute!

otherwise, some days ago my sis, again, bought a book for me.. is not the kind of books I usually get, but to be honest I was dying to get one of these


Colouring Book by Johanna Basford
the theme of the illustrations is "Enchanted Forest"
I've read these books help you to relax, so obviously I wanted one 'cause sometimes I'm too stressed for my own sake haha


here's a little sneak peak of it.. and I have to say it's beautiful!
the pattern of each illustration are mandalas, so each one of them is unique and actually looks kind of complicated to colour, but I'll do my best.. maybe next year I'll show you my progress haha


well, talking about other things, don't forget to take a look at my side blog 'cause I'll be doing reviews of the halloween books I read, so, don't miss any of them!

also, don't forget to check out my 31 days of halloween challenge on tumblr. n__n

okay, now that's all for now.. sorry for the short entry but, as I said, I don't have so much to tell.. I was going to talk about the halloween movies I've watched so far but.. truth is I already missed one day! haha I feel kind of bad u__u so I guess I failed at my "challenge", uh?

anyway, as always thank you so much for reading/passing by!
have a wonderful frighting night my spooky souls!

bye bye little bats!