martes, 4 de octubre de 2016

finally SPOOKtober is here

"ALL THESE, HOWEVER, WERE MERE TERRORS OF THE NIGHT,
PHANTOMS OF THE MIND THAT WALK IN DARKNESS [...]"
-The Legend of Sleepy Hollow ~ Washington Irving

Hi cutiepies!
welcome to a new entry! hope you're doing great, I've been quite busy these past few days and sadly more of them are coming.. but finally I decided to come and make the first entry of this fangtastic month n__n

I can't believe that october is finally here *-*
to make this month even more special, I thought it was going to be a good idea to make some kind of "31 days of Halloween/Horror" thing with my sister: we're gonna watch one horror movie each day of the month, and obviously I'm gonna share a little bit of that here, so stay tunned!

oh by the way, I'm also making my 31 days of Halloween at tumblr. so feel free take a look at it if you'd like to :P

as I said in some of the previous entries, I have my "special halloween book list", and guess what? I decided to start it yesterday!
to be honest the book I picked up is really really thin, actually it's a short story, that's why I decided to start with it :P

sorry guys but this entry is gonna be short, I don't have so much to say/show.. hope you don't mind :P
let's start with it then!



The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving
first of all let me tell you that there are so much covers for this book, so I picked up one that caught my eye, it's so precious!

okay, I wanted to read this short story since some time ago 'cause I'm in love with Tim Burton's movie *-*

I've read a few reviews before saying the book was good but that the first half of it was quite boring, I have to say that at first I thought that too but then realised that wasn't true..

for me, the whole book was quite boring, and honestly it wasn't what I thought it was; to be honest I think that Burton did an incredible job and the movie is way better than the story wrottin by Washington Irving

is just that I thought the author wrote so many details that sometimes was too much, then in addition to that we don't read a lot of the headless horseman, so you tend to forget that you're actually reading a "horror" book, or that's what it is supposed to be :|

then the ending.. ohgods.. why? I can't beleieve that was the actual ending T__T
I just don't understand why a lot of people say it's a "classic horror" story, for me it's kind of a kid-friendly story, and I just.. I just.. no

so in general, I didn't like it, I ended up disappointed of it, I have to say that I wanted more than it gave me..

otherwise I realised I didn't show you the last polishes I've got past month n__n so here we go!


Nail polish by Bissú in 283 Galactica
I saw this polish some time ago but never paid a lot of attention to it, finally I took a closer look and fell in love with the bottle!

as it says it's a metallic polish and the colour is something between purple and pink, I'm not really sure about the shade, but it looks incredibly pretty

I have to confess: I grabbed first a gold one, but then saw this and decided to pick it up.. I'm honestly dying to wear it!


Nail polish by im in Magic
this is a glittery polish and I really liked the colours it has: blue, purple and pink; it kinda looks like one I own since some time ago but I couldn't resist! it looks super pretty, don't you think?

I have to say that I smelled it before I purchased it, why? well, some polishes from this brand have an strong garlic smell, which I truly hate and can't stand.. so I wanted to be sure about getting this one :|


haha I know, it's a short entry, but what can I do? I don't have so much to show/tell you! sorry!
as you can see this is my first halloween-themed entry of the year! I'm so excited about them *-* also I started reading my "halloween books list", I just hope to have enough time to read all the books I want to read..

anyways, as always thank you so much for reading/passing by!
hope you'll have an amazing week n__n

bye bye little bats!