lunes, 31 de octubre de 2016

Happy Halloween!

"HALLOWEEN. SLY DOES IT. TIPTOE CATSPAWS. SLIDE AND CREEP.
BUT WHY? WHAT FOR? HOW? WHO? WHEN!
WHERE DID IT ALL BEGIN?"
-The Halloween Tree ~ Ray Bradbury


Hi cutiepies!
hope you're doing great! I've been really, really busy these month, so that's why I still need to edit a lot of entries u__u I'm so sorry! I don't know what to say but SORRY

okay, so halloween is finally here! ohgods I can't believe the day has come haha
this year my entries have been quite lazy and they didn't had so much halloween stuff, but I did my best :P maybe next year will be better.. who knows?

anyways, today I'm going with my family to a and small "trip" to celebrate Día de Muertos (day of the dead) like the one I told you about like two years ago (click here), so I guess in the next entry I'll be talking about it..

as you know I don't celebrate halloween but I really love it haha on saturday night my sisters, their children, my mom and I decided to do something special: we watched horror movies and ate a lot of snacks haha it was kinda fun!

okay okay, we better start with today's entry!


first of all I want to talk about the book I started and finished today, special for Halloween!


The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury
I honestly was dying to read this book 'cause I love the movie!
finally this year I was able to get someone to loan me the book..

what can I say about it? well, certainly I liked it a lot and I think it's perfect for this season, it clearly talks baout the origin of Halloween and I found really cool the fact that Día de Muertos is mentioned, I wish I could say only good things about it but sadly I can't: sometimes I found it a little bit boring and slow

in one hand I love the story and its meaning but in the other hand I have some problems with it, maybe one of the biggest ones is how hard sometimes it was for me to read it, because I feel the writing style is little bit complex haha

and ohh, the illustrations.. well, they were pretty good but I wish there could be more of them, like, at the end of every chapter!

overall the book is good and I liked it a lot BUT it's not what I expected, don't get me wrong, I'm not disappointed of it, I just didn't think I'd had a hard time reading it..

if you want to read the complete review in spanish, click here n__n

otherwise, today I went shopping with my mom and guess what did I get?


Nail polish in Belladona by Vogue
some days ago I saw this brand for the first time and decided to get a nail polish, luckily the day arrived and here is it!
I have to sy I had a hard time picking up the colour 'cause most of them looked a lot like the ones I already own, but then I saw this beautiful shade of purple/blue and I fell in love!

I think not only the colour goes well with halloween but the name.. oh it's so magnificent! I'm actually dying to try it on!
luckily it seems to have a good quality, so maybe in the future I'll get more polishes of this brand :P


I also got this, I don't really know how to call it.. cake? haha its name in my country is Pingüinos, some type of small chocolate cake (it kinda looks like a muffin), but this time I got the halloween edition! I have to say it looked great!

ohh and how could it be halloween without a nail art? this year I decided to do witch themed nails.. and here's the result


maybe not the best idea I ever had, maybe I don't like most of them, but I think they ended up looking nice

I used white as a base on three nails then I put a glittery coat on them; on the thumb I made a witch's legs using purple and green polish, then added the details with black acrylic paint
on the index I used black acrylic paint to make a bat, a cat and a broom stick, then used some gold polish to complete the brom
on the ring finger I used black paint to make a cualdron, then used green and white polish to add the details

on the middle finger I used mint polish as a base, then used black paint to make the "hat", the hair and the eyes, added purple and golden polish to make the details of the hat
I used neon orange as a base in the pinky finger, then used green and purple polishes and black paint to make it look like the fabric used in a witch's dress..
and of course, added top coat to all of them!

personally I love the middle and the ring fingers, they look just too perfect!

and now, to finish this entry, what's halloween without The Nightmare Before Christmas? for me, nothing at all

let me show you the result I got after I answered a quick quiz in ohmydisney to know where do I belong: Halloween Town or Halloweentown haha


truth has been spoken! I've been trying to move since I watched the movie for the first time (1994?) but I haven't been able to find the right door.. yet!


well, I guess that's all for now, it was a long entry, uh?
sorry for taking so much time to come and edit it, is just that I've been busy and feeling kinda lazy haha

oh, by the way, the pumpkin in the top picture is real, like 100% real.. my mom bought it for me like two or three days ago and when she gave it to me I was like "the fuck.. what the hell am I going to do with a freakin' pumpkin?"
what is people supposed to do with pumpkins? I hate the flavour so.. what am I going to do with it???

anyways, thank you for reading/passing by n__n

Happy Halloween!
bye bye little bats!