miércoles, 17 de octubre de 2018

demonic despair

Hello little bats!
hope you're having a great day n__n' welcome to a new entry!

ohmy these days I've been quite busy and, if I'm honest, also I've been feeling quite lazy u__u sometimes I just don't find my will to do all the things I have to do haha so I tend to procastinate a lot, but I swear from now on I'll do my best to have each entry ready for you to enjoy them :P

anyway, I'm gonna keep doing my halloween entries up until the month ends, so I hope you won't get tired of them too soon n__n'

I really don't know if this entry will be short or not, and since I don't have so much to say than let me start with it!


first, I'm gonna talk about the last book I've read (yeah, I'm still into my halloween books to-read list in case you're wondering..)


The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
I decided to pick up this book 'cause it was on my queue since some months ago.. and the title made me think it could be a good reading for this season, plus since some time ago I want to read more books of this author

the story begins after a murderer is commited by a man named Jack, whose work is to get rid of an entire family but something happens and the little baby boy escapes and is able to get to a graveyard, where the ghosts help him and decide to take care of him from that day on..

the book itself describes Bod's life (actually he's known as Nobody Owens by all the spirits), his adventures and how he tries to figure out where he comes from and what will happen with him in the future; we see how's his life in the graveyard and how he encounters new obstacles

what I liked the most of it was our main character, Bod, and how he reacted to every situation he faced; also I liked how Gaiman didn't try to make everything happy, instead everything feels kinda bittersweet, with a realistic touch, which makes the story interesting

I have to confess that it's not what I first thought it would be, which was kinda disappointing u__u I had the crazy idea it could be a little scary/spooky, but it ended up being a book for young readers who enjoy the paranormal factor without really being scared..

but don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, I think it was entertaining, easy and fast to read; and even if the things felt kinda bittersweet at the end, I liked it, it was good but probably not my type of book..

in case you want to read the complete review, in spanish, click here please n__n

now.. you know, today is that time of the month were I present to you my monthly purchase..


yes, yes, YES! Black Butler manga! Vol. 12 is finally here!
this time we have Ronald Knox in the cover.. not one of my favs but this character seems quite funny :P

 

in the back we have the synopsis and an illustrtion of Ciel, Lizzy and Sebastian

then, inside, in the coloured page, this time with a light blue touch, we see (from left to right) Druitt, Snake, Ciel, Sebby and the doctor; then we have Ronald as Black Idol


 

of course, I can't forget to show you a little glimpse of the art n__n'
this time I come with three pics 'cause I couldn't resist to put wet Sebas-chan and Undertaker *-*
(NOTE: Undertaker's illustration is the "cover" of one of the chapters)

woah, I can't believe this is vol. 12! it seems that we already have been one year with this manga (here in Mexico).. and to celebrate let me show them all!


ha! it's kinda funny how I've been so constant about this manga, every month I go and buy it; sometimes I think about all the money I've spent and kinda feel guilty.. but then I look at my babies and I have no regrets n__n'



well, I guess that's all for now.. it ended up quite long but just because it has a lot of images haha not that it has lots of content.. right?

damn.. how could I not love my beloved manga volumes? they look so cool together *-* I hope next year I'll be able to show you my collection again, of course, with the next volumes added to it!

anyway, I hope you enjoyed today's entry n__n and try to keep an eye in the blog 'cause the halloween entries are not over yet!

as always, thank you so much for reading/passing by!
have a wonderful afternoon!

bye bye scary monsters!