sábado, 14 de mayo de 2016

a new definition of beauty

"SERIOUSLY, THOUGH,  THIS WASN'T A LIFE AND DEATH SITUATION"
-Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined ~ Stephenie Meyer

Hi cutiepies!
welcome to a new entry! hope you're doing great n__n I've been quite busy that's why I still have to edit the previous entries.. but I swear I'll do it asap :P

right now Jurassic World is finally on tv! after almost a year waiting for it *-* (also I hope to buy a copy soon!) and ohgods is perfect!

anyway, today I'm coming with a short entry (or I hope so..) 'cause I'm only gonna talk about two things.. so what if we start with this?


these past few days I read a new book! it took me more time than I expected, but finally I finished it :P


Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined by Stephenie Meyer
this book was on my "to read queue" but I wasn't really sure about reading it.. why? well, since the first moment I knew what was it about I was kinda disappointed, 'cause even if I don't like Twilight the way I used to, I realised I was one of the bunch of people who was waiting and wanting Midnigh Sun T___T

so yes, when I knew about the "sex change" I got quite angry haha and I didn't feel like reading it, I wasn't in mood for it.. maybe that's why I started to postpone it.. until now..

anyway, in case you don't know about this book (which I doubt), is, as the title says, Twilight reimagined: the author wanted to make something special for the 10th anniversary of the first book and the idea that came to her mind was to re-write the story but with an special touch.. she changed everyone's sex (well, not everyone tho, Bella's parents are the same..)

now Bella is Beau, Edward is Edythe, and so goes on.. but why she took that decision? well, she wanted to show everyone that they were wrong about Bella being the typical damisel in distress; but of course, Meyer make some "changes" for the story to fit "better"

okay, so, what do I think about the book?
I found it quite boring 'cause it was like reading Twilight once again, even if the author changed some chapters, she kept the same plot/story and the same conversations, long story short: it was predictable

at first, with all the sex change, was a little bit difficult to identify the characters but after a while it was easy to catch up, as the other books it was not complicated to read, and I had the impulse to skip a few pages haha but I din't do it.. 'cause that's not my style..

and now that I mention the characters, I found Edythe really good, I mean, you can clearly see she has the same personality that Edward has, I mean is the same character (which I guess was the initial intention of Meyer) BUT, sadly I don't think the same happened with Beau..

the author explained this too: Beau has not the same lack of confidence as Bella, and that was the problem I had with him, why the hell he's confident enough to think things like "I know some girls like me" and Bella didn't? is because she's a girl? WTF? yeah, he was clumsy too but you are clearly aware that there are differences between them, and that was the biggest problem I had with him..

and now, the ending.. yes, Stephenie gave us a different ending! if I'm honest, there were only two ways of finishing it and I have to say I liked it.. it was a good way to close the story..

for those reasons I gave it 2 stars on Goodreads and 2.3 stars on beek, and, overall it was just fine..

otherwise, on thursday was the season finale of Supergirl, and, of course, I watched it!


Supergirl 1x20 "Better Angels"
well, first of all, this is not one of my favourite tv series, even if I find it quite great thanks to the idea of a leading female superhero, she's not one of my favs and also I missed like two episodes of the season haha

one thing I love about this tv series is J'onn J'onzz! when he made his first appeareance I didn't realise he was the Green Martian LOL but then BAM! I saw him and loved him!

about this episode; I have to be honest, I got a little bit bored while watching it BUT I really love when Kara and J'onn are together on screen.. and we were able to see how much Supergirl loves Earth..

and now some spoilers.. sorry!!

***spoilers***

-Kara fighting Non was incredible! this demonstrates how powerful she is, and obviously how much Kara loves her home
-J'onn fighting is the best thing to watch, ever!
-we already knew how much Kara is willing to sacrifice for her loved ones, but, to see it once again, and not only for the people she knows was amazing: she was going to sacrifice herself to sve the Earth, she's a true superhero.. and she saying goodbye to everyone she knew and cared about was priceless, of course it was heartbreaking but it was also beautiful.. Kara is the best!

***

well, I don't know if those enter like spoilers haha but whatever, I already put them like that :P

I'm not sure if I'm excited for the next season.. but it's like 90% sure I'll end up watching it haha


I think that's all for now.. it's longer than I wanted it to be, but I guess is fine haha
anyway, that's all for now, thanks for reading/passing by! have a nice day

bye bye