martes, 26 de abril de 2016

you cannot undo the past

"AT WHAT POINT DO YOU GIVE UP - DECIDE ENOUGH IS ENOUGH?
THERE IS ONLY ONE ANSWER REALLY. NEVER."
-Forbidden ~ Tabitha Suzuma

Hi cutiepies!
welcome to a new entry, hope you're doing great! I've been quite busy.. and I totally forgot to make the entry before T__T but finally here I am!

this time I come with a "short" entry, that means I'm only gonna talk about two things, but I'm sure I'll write tons and tons of words.. so it'll be short but long haha sorry, that doesn't make any sense..

ah.. uh.. sorry if I seem too happy/excited haha is just that CA:CW is coming out this friday! ohh I srly can't wait! I'm stressed out because of that and my emotions are all mixed up.. the book I read left me feeling like that: fucked up

oh! I was forgetting to tell you about my new blog (yes, yes, another one.. when will I stop it? NEVER), but this one is about books! *-* I've been dying to make it since some months ago but finally I took the step and oh well, we'll see how good can I make it work :P

I guess we better start with this!


first of all I want to say that I wasn't really interested in this book, but after a while I got curious about it and I decided to read it, and what a surprise..



Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
honestly I don't really know where to start.. since some time ago I've seen some people love it or hate it, so I wanted to give it a try; this is the first book I read of Tabitha Suzuma and I have to say I liked a lot the way she writes: it's easy but at the same time it was pretty, I don't know how to describe it, but I liked a lot her writing style

first of all, if you want to read this book I could recomend for you to read it with an open mind 'cause in the description/sinopsis tells you about the topic: incest
so, if you start reading it thinking stuff like "that's wrong" "ew, disgusting" etc. then you're not gonna "enjoy" the lecture, you're not gonna be able to experience the whole "adventure"

okay, said that, I have to say it was my first time reading something like that (weeeeell.. maybe one or two fanfics..), and I even thought about taking away of my mind the idea of the incest but I realized that what was going to be the point then, because if I take that away one part of its soul will be gone, because yes, the book is about incest

I think it was risky to release a book with a topic like that, but at the same time I find it brave, 'cause let's face it, a lot of people will read the sinopsis and put it down..

I'm really surprised to say that I liked the book, yes, you read it right: I liked it, but not only that, I also enjoyed it and found it sad and nice at the same time; it has so many strong points, but I didn't give it 5 stars 'cause I hated the ending, it was really good but it broke my heart

thanks to the topic you can expect that this book will not end right, it will be tragic all the way down, that's pretty obvious..

I also think that the uthor is not trying to romanticize incest, I guess her principal intention is to makes us wonder about different kinds of love; who decides what is wrong and what is right? who says that a certain kind of love is disgusting?
right now if you ask me all of that, I wouldn't know what to answer because this book messed up with my emotions and now I don't know what to think

about the characters, well, this time I saw a development, but some of them were, somehow, plain, but some were really good and demonstrated a real development

[to edit..]