sábado, 16 de abril de 2016

Nothing burns like the cold

"WHEN YOU PLAY THE GAME OF THRONES YOU WIN OR YOU DIE."
-A Game of Thrones ~ George R.R. Martin

Hi cutiepies!
hope you're doing great n__n I've been really really busy these past week.. that's why I wasn't able to come and write a new entry.. but finally here I am!

well, I actually spent a lot of time reading! plus I still did the things I had to do haha but all my free time was for my book *-* and, to be honest, I didn't want to do a new entry before I finished reading haha that's why I was away for a long time..

NOTE: this time my small review will be spoiler-free, why? well I don't want the entry to be really long..

anyway, what if we start now?



A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
this is the first book of the series "A Song of Ice and Fire" and I honestly was dying to read it!
as you maybe already know, I got this book as a birthday present past year by my sister and her children..

but, why until now, almost a year later? uhm.. well, if I'm honest with you, I have to say I was kind of afraid of reading this book (and, yes, the whole series..) 'cause it's huge! and also I'd love to keep on reading the next books but sadly I only own this one T__T

anyway, let me tell you about my story about this book; years ago I used to see the books when I went to rent movies (yes, they also sold books) and several times my mom told me if I didn't want to read them, what did I say? "no, thanks", actually I didn't watch the tv series until, thanks to tumblr. and their love for GoT I decided to give it a try, what happened? I fell in love!

but let's talk about the book now, I heard the books were way better than the tv series and, yes, that is right! in the begining of the book, the author says something like the story has a lot of details and, again, it's true: everything is so well writen and detailed that you can almost touch and feel the marvelous world he created

the best thing, for me, are the characters and how they grow up through the story plus the plot is interesting and captivating, and I think it's not hard to understand it, so is easy to catch it up.. and even if I already know what was going to happen I was nervous and excited

it was a surprise (well, not so much) to finally know the ages of the characters: it was kind of scary to be fully aware how young they are and the awful fate most of them faced in this book and the next ones will be brutal..

we obviously know this story has a lot of "hard" parts, like explicit violence and bad lenguage, honestly I don't mind but.. I'm kind of sensible when we talk about animals.. and reading all those parts which involved them was uhm..hard for me.. even I put the book down for like five minutes after something happens to a horse.. I know, I'm such a baby! haha

overall I think it was amazing and was even better to find out that my favourite chacaters form the tv series remained to be on my fav list after I finished the book!

I have to say it's definitely one of the best books I've read so far and I can't wait to read the next ones!

now, I have to talk about the edition.. this is the "cheaper" edition by a different editorial; this one is shorter than the "original" edition but I have to say I love the covers! they are gorgeous *-*


take a look to it: all the books have that metallic look but they come in different coliurs, this one is brown with the golden details and I'm not sure if you can appreciate it on the picture, but the details seem to be on 3D


a closer look to the caracteristic emblem: a wolf head, and I guess it's because house Stark..
at first I thout it was a lion haha but now I'm 100% sure it's a wolf and it's beautiful! the next books have different "animals" which is really really cool if you ask me..


and I had to do it, I had to take a picture of the back.. you clearly see the half of the wolf's face..
I love this edition! haha I'm so glad I received it.. hope I can get the other books soon!

otherwise, on monday I went to watch a movie! and, of course, I come with my small review here! and I guess I'll put some spoilers (like one or two..), sorry!


well, I watched The Huntsman: Winter's War with my mom haha she wanted to watch it so we went..
at first I thought it was a prequel but I was confused and I also thought it was a sequel.. surprise surprise, it seems it's the two of them (what?), yes, it turns out to be a prequel/sequel..

so yes, it's quite confusing 'cause in the first uhm.. 20 minutes (more or less, it doesn't matter) it's the "before" and then BOOM! *magic* it's the "after" of "SnowWhite and the Huntsman"..

honestly I thought it was kind of boring and had a problem with it, some parts (if not the whole movie) were kinda predictable, and there were a thing that drove me quite mad: they changed some things that made me question about the plot T__T but I liked some effects and clothing (specially Ravenna and her sister's)

okay okay, I have to put some spoilers so, if you don't want to know, stop reading!

***spoilers***

first thing.. what the hell is that thing about Ravenna having a freaking sister?? n the previous movie they told us she had a brother (they showed us their past, both of them together, since they were children!) and now she suddenly has a sister, where the hell is her brother? why they didn't mention him? does he not exist or what? WHAT?
uhm.. there's a theory boiling up in my head: SnowWhite is the real daughter of Ravenna's sister (complicated to explain haha) but, the mirror (in her memory) said her sister was going to have a daughter and she will be "the fairest of them all", so, what are the odds that two "different" girls would be what the mirror said? what a coincidence.. or perhaps not! now I'm convinced they are family haha

***

well, I don't have so much to say about it 'cause I think it was fine but I guess I won't be watching it in the future unless there's nothing else to watch on tv :P


so that's all for now.. sorry for the long entry! I thought it was going to be short but meh I was wrong haha
anyway, hope you enjoyed or liked it; as always thanks for readng/passing by!
have a nice day & week!

bye bye!