jueves, 14 de junio de 2018

life finds a way

Hello cutiepies!
welcome! hope you're doing great n__n I've been quite busy these days (same as always..) but I'm here for a brand new entry!

ohgods I think this is the last "normal" entry of the month haha the upcoming entries will be about anime 'cause the season is coming to an end.. so, get ready :P

anyway, I'm kinda excited about a few things, first, Jurassic World (2) is coming out next week! and second, I finally decided to read one of the books of my "to read" list and I couldn't be happier!

ok ok, I don't really know how long this will be, so I better start now n__n




Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton
ohh I think I don't have to say that I love Jurassic Park *-* in fact it's my favourite movie!

since some years ago I wanted to read the book but I wasn't able to do it, so it was in my "to read" list.. up until now.. also, what's better to wait for the new upcoming movie than to read the book that inspired the saga?

if I have to describe this in one sentence it would be: it's not what I expected, but it blew my mind
the books is very different from the movie, they have the same idea but the book takes it to the next level

I have to confess that sometimes it kinda bored me a little bit, those times had something in common: they were too technical and Ian Malcolm lines were the death of me, I found them quite repetitive and his explanation of the "chaos theory" was absolutely boring

the book takes us to the point of questioning things, the idea was cool, I mean, DINOS! but, was it right to bring them back to life? the people who "created" them were totally sure about having control over the whole thing? did they think about them as living creatures or as an objects? did they think about consequences?

it was a journey that took me by surprise, it was better than I expected and it actually left me breathless.. I enjoyed it and now I can't wait to read the next book!

[TO EDIT]