miércoles, 16 de mayo de 2018

not enough magic in my life

Hello cutiepies!
hope you're having a great time, welcome to a new entry n__n

gods.. these days have been really hot! I can't believe this crazy weather.. first the sun burns and you feel like you're in hell and then it rains but, surprise! it's still hot u__u I hate this freaking weather.. is just too much for me.. and everyday I end up with an awful headache @__@

anyway, this time I'm bringing a short entry.. I don't really have so much to say, that's why I'm gonna talk about two things today

I'm saying this entry will be short, but probably it'll end up being larger than expected so I better start with it!


even if yesterday I was almost dead (ok, I was tired as hell thanks to the sun) I decided to read something light.. at first I thought about reading some manga but instead I picked up a book


The Maze Runner Files by James Dashner
this is the last book I needed to read to complete the Maze Runner "trilogy", after so many years I finally was able to check it out!

the book contains "secret" information such as memorandums that were sent before and after the Flare (the virus) and also we see three short stories about some Gladers, which are kind of "new"

I have to say it was not what I expected, at first I found it quite boring and when I started to get interestend in it, the book ended and I was like WTF, is this all?

the book is really short and sadly I don't think it adds something useful to the story, actually I feel like it was unnecessary 'cause I already knew the facts that it tells us

I think that the new stuff were the short stories but, again, they tell us nothing, probably this book was completely unnecessary and I feel really disappointed.. the birhgt side is that luckily I didn't get a printed copy otherwise I'd be annoyed and very angry about it haha

in case you want to read the complete review, in spanish, click here n__n

and finally I can talk about an anime I finished some days ago..


魔法少女まどか★マギカ  (Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika)
Puella Magi Madoka Magica

- 2011 -
Season: 01          Episodes: 12 (+3 Movies)
Genre: Drama, Magic, Psychological, Thriller

well, I wanted to watch Madoka Magica to see why a lot of people love it, plus I want to watch more mahou shoujo anime haha

the story follows Madoka and her best friend Sayaka who are ordinary school girls, but one day things start to get strange when they meet Kyuubey, an strange creature that offers them to become magical girls

they get involved into the world of magical girls, who fight against witches..
but Homura, a mysterious transfer student tries to convince them to not turn into magical girls 'cause the "deal" is not what it seems

I think the story focuses on friendship, love, hope and despair; I like the fact that it shows us another face of the mahou shoujo genre: not everything is rainbows and butterflies, it tells us that being a magical girl is not as cute/good as we usually think

if I have to be honest, I found most of the episodes a little bit  boring, and most of the characters were annoying, I just don't see myself having a favourite (I kinda liked Mami and Kyoko) they were simply not of my interest.. if I have to mention one character that made the series enjoyable was Kyuubey..

I think a lot of people just hate Kyuubey and I can see why, because I think that "he" was evil, but in his defense, the girls never asked haha

[01x12]  わたしの、最高の友達
"My Very Best Friend"

as I previously said, I found most of the episodes a little boring but shit got real in the last episodes..

we knew Homura's story, we start to understand her behaviour and what her wish was and how it changed the story..

through all the season we saw a frustrated Madoka.. first someone told her not to become a magical girl and then she saw how cruel that world was.. she wanted to save her friend but she cannot decide what to do

finally the Walpurgisnacht comes and Homura decides to face the witch on her own but Madoka is afraid something bad happens and goes after her leaving everything behind

this episode at first seemed quite strange and I was confused but slowly I started to understand and it actually blew my mind..

at the end I think this episode was a good way to end the series, something unexpected, it was sad and I felt kinda hollow haha

overall I think it was a good anime but sadly I didn't found it amazing and it surely won't become my favourite, hell it's not even in my top 10 u__u but I really liked how obscure it got and the twist the story gave to the genre

and about the OP and ED.. well, they were not my favourites, but if I have to pick one I'd say that definitely the one I liked was the second ending ("Magia" by Kalafina)

I have to confess that I decided to only watch the third movie 'cause it was the "real end" of the series.. the other movies were just a recap on the season and, honestly, I don't like recaps u__u

劇場版 魔法少女まどか☆マギカ 叛逆の物語
(Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica Movie 3: Hangyaku no Monogatari)
Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie: Rebellion
MOVIE
- 2013 -

this movie is the sequel of the series, and, as I said, the real closure of the story

the story follows the girls living happily while they fight against evil at Mitakihara, everything seems normal but Akemi Homura feels something is wrong and she starts to put the pieces together..

at first it may seems confusing 'cause it shows us the five magical girls fighting together and when Homura starts to realize what's going on the major plot twist comes and the answer is right in front of our eyes..

but again, another major plot twist arrives and everything goes to hell

I have to say that the animation was better but sadly I found most of it boring, the last 40 minutes were the best and the ending was not what I expected and I still don't know how to feel about it..


overall it was good, the ending was unexpected and I can't decide wether I should consider it good or bad, at the end I felt quite angry with one specific character and I can't understand why almost everyone loves her haha


well, in case you noticed, there are not spoilers this time.. is just that I don't have so much time left to put them haha so I guess I'll come back later to do it n__n' sorry!

anyway, this entry seems like a real mess haha and it ended being quite long u__u but as usual I have the necessity to share all my thoughts..

I feel like I've been quite reluctant to continue to read the TG:re manga.. is just that I feel like I'm not still over volume 6, but I know I have to read the next one 'cause the anime adaptation could spoil me something and I don't want that haha

oh! and some news about Overlord III, the opening will be performed by the band that previously performed the EDs and the new ending will be in the hands of the band that performed the previous OPs.. so basically they switched places, and I'm actually dying to see their works

ok, I don't know what else to say, so it'll be better to cut it off here n__n
as always thank you so much for reading/passing by! hope you enjoyed today's entry
have a wonderful week!

bye bye!