martes, 5 de marzo de 2019

once again

Hello cutiepies!
hope you're doing great n__n welcome to a new entry!

today I'm not feeling good u__u yes, I'm better about the cold that has been torturing me since some days ago, but sadly, in the morning I tripped and fell down T__T in the stairs! so now my whole body is in pain, especially my butt haha

I still have a ton of stuff to watch/read.. I really have to catch up with the tv series I want to watch! also all the freaking anime I have in my queue.. and all the books, manga and LN! damn.. I should hurry and do everything I wanna do u__u

anyway, I don't really have much to say in this entry.. so it'll be quite short (even if I have some pics :P), then let's start with it!


first let me talk about the book I read some days ago n__n'


Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter
I had this book shelved as want-to-read in GR since like two years ago, finally I had the chance to give it a try..

this is the first book in a series of four, but let me warn you: this is not a retelling!
I made the mistake to think it was and I ended up quite disappointed, is just a normal story with a supernatural touch and with some 'elements' or 'resemblances' to the classic Alice in Wonderland

the story follows Alice, a 16 years old girl whose life drastically changes thanks to an accident where she loses everything.. soon she realizes that what her father used to say it's true: monsters really exist and they are looking for her

well, I think the premise sounded good, also the cover and the title where the first tow things that made me want to read it, as soon as I started it I knew it wasn't what I first thought, everything was good until the zombies made their formal appearance.. and it was too much for me

first of all, the zombies from this book are not what we all may know as 'zombies', they are.. different, but, for me, in a bad way u__u

and the characters.. well, if I have to be honest I didn't like them, like I wasn't able to connect with them, most of the time I found them quite annoying

overall I didn't like it, of course, there were some things that I found entertaining and a little bit interesting but most of the time I found this book boring and quite dumb; it wasn't what I was expecting and I ended up disappointed

right now I don't know if I want to keep on reading this saga u__u

in case you want to read the complete review, in spanish and with spoilers, click here please n__n

otherwise, since I didn't want to watch an anime movie, I decided to read one of the manga volumes I have in my shelf :P


The Legend of Zelda Vol. 2: Oracle of Seasons & Oracle of Ages by Akira Himekawa
as you probably know, at first I wasn't going to get all the volumes of the Zelda manga that came out here in Mexico some months ago, but at the end I decided to complete the collection n__n

the thing about TLoZ, is that most of the stories take place in different AUs, for example, this story (especifically Link's origin) is different from the one we saw in Ocarina of Time, but they have similarities, so it's kinda easy to follow the stories..

anyway, in Oracle of Seasons we see a young Link in an adventure to save Horolum, we see him trying to figure out what he wants to do with his life, he wants to save the Oracle of Seasons who is kidnapped by Onox, who wants to mess up with the seasons so the world would get into darkness

Oracle of Ages is the sequel, and after Link finds out his destiny, he is sent to take the Oracle of Ages to princess Zelda, sadly the plan goes down as Veran, under the Birova witches orders, kidnaps the Oracle and travels to the past to change the present/future of Labrynna

the story was interesting and I really enjoyed the whole situation, but sometimes I found the pace quite fast, and there were some characters that I didn't like, and if I'm honest, I wanted to see an adult Link! but my wish never came true haha

I think I liked more OoA, I think it was more interesting and I enjoyed a lot the time-travel plot

overall I enjoyed it but it wasn't as good as the previous volume, it was easy to read and the art looked nice

in case you want to read the complete review, with spoilers, click here n__n

 

here we have the rod of seasons in the back cover and we have Ralph and Nayru and the Triforce in the flaps of the dust jacket; this time the volume is red, but the shade it's between red and brown

 

and here you can see the volume without the dust jacket, the cover has a bigger Link and the back cover has the Triforce symbol, the red changes for white and the gold for red

 

here's a pic of the first coloured page (it includes more than 10 full colour pages!) featuring Link and one of his ancestors; and an small glimpse of the art n__n

oh, by the way, this volume includes the short version of Oracle of Ages, which is told in 30 pages more or less, this story is quite different from the main one.. since it's really short it feels kinda rushed so it's not very enjoyable


pff.. this took me more time than I expected it'd take u__u but finally I'm done with it!

by the way, if you want to check out the previous volume, feel free to take a look at it here

-- edit 07/03 --

well, I just read chapter 115 of SnK and damn! it was too much for me.. we see Zeke real plan and Eren's part in it; also my baby! I nust can't.. one of the best chapters without doubt..

Also, a few minutes ago mt lap charger died (yes, again.. I'm getting tired of that s__t), it started to smell like burned plastic and I saw the freaking charger and it had some sparks haha so yes, is dead.. now I don't know when I'll get a new one, hope it'll be soon!

--

well, as you can see I don't have much to say and since I'm in real pain I don't want to keep on writing haha so I guess this is all for today, hope you liked today's entry n__n
as always thank you so much for reading/passing by!

I'm not really sure when I'll come back with a new entry.. saturday perhaps? I don't know :P then see you next time!

bye bye!