domingo, 1 de enero de 2017

the best of 2016

Hi cutiepies!
how's your day going so far? I hope everything's okay in this first day of the new year! and I really hope you started it with fine, not like me u__u I got sick! the first day and I'm already feeling bad.. WTF?

I only slept like two hours T__T so I'm kind of tired right now and I don't really know what I'm saying most of the time haha

anyways, as you can see for the title, this entry is going to be about the best (according to my taste obviously) of 2016; the entry is gonna be short 'cause I don't have like a million things to tak about haha

so let's start with this!


I want to start with my "Top 5: the Best Books I read on 2016", but I want to say that the order you'll see is cronogycally, according to my Goodreads account n__n

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire #1)
George R.R. Martin

I don't know why I didn't read this series before; some time ago I started to watch the tv series and I loved it, so I obviously was dying to start with the books

it's a very long book, so it could be a little bit hard to read and, as its says a little note from the author, the thing about these books is that they're full of details

the plot is really interesting and I'm just amazed of the magnificent world that Martin created; the characters are complex and well built up; it also has some plot twists that will leave you speechless

it really doesn't matter if you already watched the tv series, without you noticing it you'll find yourself inmerse in this amazing world

click here to see the entry

The Lost Hero (Heroes of Olympus #1)
Rick Riordan

I'm a huge fan of Percy Jackson's books, so I was literally dying to put my hands in this series which takes place after the PJO saga

I'm just in love with Greek mythology and it's always interesting to find out more about it, also in this new saga we see its contrapart: Roman mythology

I found the plot interesting, even if the formula is the same we already saw in PJO but the new elements are really fascinating; also it was very funny and I had a great time reading it; the characters were nice but I'm not super in love with them yet, plus I was really happy to meet once again some characters from the previous books, and yeah, I missed some of them too

click here for the entry

Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #3)
Cassandra Clare

I am super in love with this trilogy, and even if I haven't finished reading the main saga, I decided to read this first

I liked the first book, then I really liked the second book, but this one, oh-my-gods, this third and last book is just perfect, I couldn't do anything else but to fall completely in love with it

most of the times I get quite emotional with the books I like, but this volume was too much, I screamed of joy and pain, I laughed and I cried; it broke my heart in a thousand little pieces, and you know what? I loved every single freaking minute of it

I loved how the story ended and how the characters grow together through the books; the fnale was simply gorgeous and the epilogue.. damn I'm sure as hell is one of the best epilogues I've ever read, seriously, it was too perfect for me

click here for the entry

The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle #1)
Maggie Stiefvater

I'm not 100% sure why I love this book, but the truth is that I do
to be honest I had high expectations of it, and gladly it didn't disappoint me at all

the story starts in such an interesting way that since the begining you get trapped in it; I really enjoyed the fact that the author put some "history" and "science" in it, plus it has some kind of "paranorml touch" that got me tied up to the book

and about the characters, well, I found them quite nice and I saw a development in them, so everything's in favour for this book
I especially liked one of the male characters, the one who likes "scientific facts", even if sometimes he seemed to be obsessive, he was pretty cool for me

and, as a plus, Stiefvater's writing style was so pretty to me, it caught me really fast and I wasn't able to put down this lovely book down

click here for the entry

Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass #1)
Sarah J. Maas

I just love this book!
I have to say that the hype for it was 100% right this time; I really enjoyed how deeply bonded to it I felt while I was reading it, I enjoyed a lot Maas' writing style

this book was everything I wanted and more, I found the the main character too amazing, she was a total badass but she was also gentle and kind of fragile

I really enjoyed the world that the author created, the plot was interesting but I would have liked to see a little bit more of fighting/action scenes, but in general is an A+ for this volume

and I loved all the fantasy and magic elemnts it has, I think this is my kind of book; plus the edition I got was too beautiful that is currently one of my fav covers

click here for the entry

I have to say it was a little bit complicated to pick up only five books, but they're my top 5, in case you want to see the full list (which consist in 10 books) then go to my side blog n__n


now let's go with the most anticipated thing: my favourite movies of the year!!

NOTE: I'm only putting the movies I watched on teathers, why? well, I'm not sure why haha is just that those are the ones that I remember the most.. and again, there's not an order in them.. so here we go!

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Warner Bros - directed by Zack Snyder
/ produced by Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder

I bet you're wondering why, why is this movie in my top 5? easy: I liked it a lot

I think it was a great way to "start" (let's get real here, the first movie was Man of Steel, but I whatever) with the DC Universe we all love

but why do I like this movie?
we're all used to the MCU movies that we expected to see the same things in this movie, but what did we got? not a movie for kids, that's for sure
I think everyone expected to see something like Captain America, something full of fights and funny lines

instead with Batman v Superman we got a darker film, where the fight scene is just an small part of the movie; we see more political and moral conflicts 'cause Batman is not even considered a hero

the best part of it? Wonder Woman
I've been waiting centuries for a movie with my favourite superhero ever, it was about time for us to get get such a role model to follow on big screen

plus we had the chance to see, for just a few seconds, Aquaman, The Flash and Cyborg!

click here for the entry

Captain America: Civil War
Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures - directed by Anthony Russo and Joe Russo
/ produced by Marvel Studios

how could I deny that Civil War is one of the best movies of 2016?
even if I'm not much into Marvel, I have to say that this movie was incredible; and of course, I was #TeamCap

this movie presented to us the old dilemma: if I'm a superhero, then why can't I save everyone?
I found the plot interesting but then they changed it to something else, and at the end I'm not 100% sure if the "main" subject was still there

while I was watching this movie I felt that it was another Iron Man movie, for me he stole the screen, and that's something I didn't like..

all the fighting/cation scenes were really cool and the characters were simply amazing and, yeah, I fell in love with some of them :P

click here for the entry

Ghostbusters
Columbia Pictures - directed by Paul Feig / produced by Ivan Reitman and Amy Pascal

yes, this one made it to the top 5!

for a lot of people this movie was crap, but for me was amazing
but why? well, I really love the original movie (its sequel too, but the first one is the best), so when I knew there were gonna be a remake I was very excited but when they said it was gonna have a female cast I almost exploded of happiness

the effects are really good and everything is so colorful and bright, the plot is nice and not complicated to follow at all, but then we see the characters.. oh-my-dogs, they are PERFECT!

the thing here is that people were complaining about this movie saying that it was gonna ruin their childhood, WTF? why should it ruin your childhood?
is bad to have intelligent, strong and interesting female roles as the main characters? obviously NO!

they were mad because they didn't have what they call "standard beauty", really? is that bad? WHY?
I think all of them looked stunning and really pretty, plus they were funny!

so all the sexist and machist people out there didn't watch this movie.. but it's really amazing, it was a gift to humanity haha is so great that it became my fav Ghostbusters movie :P

click here for the entry

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
Warner Bros - directed by David Yates / produced and written by J.K. Rowling

this is probably my favourite movie of the year, yes, you read correctly: this movie is the best one I watched on 2016

the thing about it is that I wasn't so sure it would be as amazing as it really is, I even thought t was going to be a little bit boring, and oh man, I was so wrong! it was fantastic!

everything about it is perfect; we can see a different face of the magic world, and how things work in a different continent, also the argument makes you think about what's right and what's wrong

the plot was really interesting (not what I thought when I wathed the trailer, well done WB!) and the characters were too perfect to be "real"

I fell in love with Newt *-* he's a super cute cinnamon roll, too good, too pure! and all the beasts that appear in the movie left me breathless.. maybe this is what we needed to know more about the magical world!

thank you Jo!

Moana
Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures - directed by Ron Clements and John Musker
/ produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios

I'm not a big fan of kids' movies, but when I watch one that I like, that means that I really like it
I love several disney movies, and this new one is a blast!

the plot is interesting and the characters were amazing, I found their developments really satisfying..
I really loved Moana, she's such a cutie! she's intelligent and strong, and was not afraid of being who she really was

and the songs.. oh, they're so catchy!

like every kids' movie is funny and easy to understand, but it also made me cry a little bit, like two times haha

the last scene (I think it's the last but not sure) was so emotional and pretty.. and the whole animation looked well done and gorgeous.. all those colours *-*

oh and I have an special mention to do here:

Doctor Strange
Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures - directed by Scott Derrickson
/ produced by Marvel Studios

it couldn't make it to the top 5 but it was close, why? well, it was not what I thought it would be

this movie was pretty cool, it had amazing effects and the cast was great.. but I'm still not completely sure about Benedict playing Steven Strange, I don't know why, but I don't love it..

anyways, the plot is very interesting, I liked a lot all the magic in it *-* and how they decided to show us this marvelous world

as I said before it wasn't what I expected, it was better than I thought, that's why it deserves an special mention in my top 5!

click here for entry


so now I'm heading to another big thing here in the blog: tv series!

well, this is gonna be a top 3 and I picked up the tv series that had their season finales on 2016 (no matter if the first episode aired on 2015).. so let's go for it!

The Flash
(oct. 2015 - may 2016)
Season 2 / Episodes: 23

I just love The Flash! this tv series caught my heart since the very first moment I watched it *-*

I've always been a DCU fan and I liked Flash but I never thought how deep this superhero would be scored to my heart

the first season was a blast so I expected a lot of the second one, and guess what? it didn't disappoint at all; I found the story really interesting and in every episode I was biting my nails and the whole season brought me joy and sadness, a real mix of emotions

I have to say that I liked the villain, and his true identity was a big mistery.. and when everything solved I was a little bit confused, I felt like they played with our heads haha but in a good way, I think they did an awesome job building the whole story

click here for the entry

Game of Thrones
(april - june 2016)
Season: 6 / Episodes: 10

this is probably one of my favourite tv series, I just love GoT!
every season is shocking but this was just too much for my poor heart..

I really like the story and the characters.. of course, there will always be one or two, or twenty of them that I don't like, but still this series is just amazing

season six was truly incredible, why? well, we finally got the answer we've been craving for a long time: the real origin of Jon Snow!

also I think that GoT has the bests characters out there.. especially the females.. they're so strong and brave and intelligent.. ohgods everytime I watch it I fall more and more in love with it

click here for the entry

The Exorcist
(sept - dec 2016)
Season: 1 / Episodes: 10

I was so excited about this tv series, and I was dying to watch it!
since the very first episode it didn't disappoint, evy single episode had something that made you feel goosebumps

I liked the effects, and the plot was interesting, and the characters.. oh I liked most of them, sometimes they made me feel quite angry because of their behaviour, but they were well developed

as I said I had great expectations of it and it never let me down, plus it was a big surprise to find out that somehow it's a sequel to the original movie, so everything makes perfect sense

I still wonder if there's gonna be a second season.. uhm..


pfft! this entry is becoming endless, right? well, hold on your sits 'cause there's more to come :P
let's talk about the biggest surprises I got in 2016..
I don't really know if there's a certain category for the upcoming stuff, maybe favourite animated tv show? favourite anime? uhm.. I don't know but here they are!

Miraculous: Les Aventures de Ladybug et Chat Noir
Season: 1 / Episodes: 26 (+ christmas special)

well, I think you already know how much I love ML, it became my favourite animated show!

I won't tell I fell in love with it when it came out, no.. I didn't even want to watch it back then!
luckily one day I watched it and  since day moment I knew I was going to love it

I know it's a show for kids T__T but I can't help it..
everything about it is really simple, the plot and the characters are not complicated to understand

the story itself is charming and ohh how much I love Chat! I'm still obsessed over it, and guess I'll still be this new year 'cause season 2 is coiming!

click here for the entry

ユーリ!!! on ICE (Yuri!!! on Ice)
(oct - dec 2016)
Season: 1 / Episodes: 12

what can I say about this?
OH-MY-GODS! the best freaking anime of all time!

this anime is my current obsession.. I'm so f_cked up by it that I can't even listen to the music without crying haha

no but seriously, everything about this anime is perfect!
the animation is great, especially when they had those "close-ups" (*cough *cough Victor..) and yeah, it has some flaws, but that doesn't matter haha; the plot is amazing and quite interesting, and the characters.. ohh they're just perfect! their development is so well traced that you start to wonder if it is real or not

for me, this anime is the best I've ever watched, and srly I'm hoping for a second season, this anime deserves all the love from the humanity, really


now, the last category: favourite nail polish!

Luxe and Lush from the Capitol Colors collection by China Glaze

this.. this nail polish is amazing!

I'm so happy that I was finally able to buy it! I fell in love with it since the first moment I saw it..
I'm a big fan of The Hunger Games so when I saw CG was releasing a collection based on it, I literally died..

so a few months ago I finally saw it so I had to buy it!

do I regret it? of course not! this polish is simply my favourite from all the polishes I bought in 2016, actually I dare to say that it's one of my favourite polishes ever (from the ones I own haha)!

click here for the entry

.. so ladies and gentlemen those are the winners of 2016!



well well.. I guess that's all for now..
I know it was a super long entry! is just that I wanted you to see my favourites from 2016 n__n
hope you enjoyed this, and yeah, I hope I didn't "sound" too crazy :P

anyways, thank you so much for reading/passing by!
have a wonderful day/night! see you tomorrow with this entry's twin sister :P

bye bye!